Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have a savage with a picco .26, awesome combo i must say. I am haveing a little drama though, with a full tank it runs like a charm stays cool and great performance, as soon as i get to half a tank it starts to lean way out. I have also noticed small airbubbles in the fuel line. I have checked all hoses and all are ok,the tank is the one without primer as well. If i fill it to the brim again it runs normal again. Any ideas ? or is this a normal type thing i am still new at this.

Thanx in advance

G00GS

·
Registered
596 Posts
lean out the bottom end a little say 1/16th of a turn. also richen up the top end needle 1/8th of a turn. your engine should have a visable smoke trail at full throttle otherwise its too lean.

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Googs,

What was the original kit, aSavage 21/SS or 25 RTR?

The 21/SS fueltank had a primer installed and a forward pickup. Consequently it suffered badly from leaning towards the lower half of the tank. This is a known issue (and quite logical) as when you accelerate the fuel is pushed away from the pickup.

If this is the case, ring MRC and buy a 25 RTR tank (about $27 I think). It has no primer and a rear pickup. This alleviates nearly all of the leaning problems.

If you already have a 25 RTR, then we need to look elsewhere.

Regards,

Chris

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Guys, thanx for the tips

Ausrc, i did buy the new style tank from Mark i still have a problem though i also replaced all fuel lines and checked for leaks that way. It has me stuffed.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I find that the 25 tank still leans out a bit. I have my engine tuned so it runs a little richwhen i have afull tank. As soon as i get to half a tank it runs perfect.

There are a few ways to slove the leaning problem altogether ( OFNA tank, duel tank set up,more info on these at savage central&nbsp
butformy needsi find the 25 tank just fine

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
the 25 tanks still leans a bit, you can couple it with the dual tank
mod to completly remove the problem, but IMO its not worth the hassle.
Just tune at 1/2 tank and accept the fact that tune will not be perfect

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.