Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys just bought a second hand ss savage with a picco .26,im having some major problems getting this motor to run,when i first go to start it,it starts second or third pull runs for 10 to 20 seconds and stops,cant start again,it would appear that the motor isflodded ,then i the leave glowplugout pull it over a bit chuck it back in and it happens again even if i give it a few revs.and by now im so sick of pulling it over

any help would be appreciated

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
have you tried resetting the carb to factory settings? I would alst put a new os 8 plug in and go from there. did you buy vrss's savage?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no havent touched the carb yet and there isnt any factory settings in my engine manual,i have replaced the glow already and yes i did buy it off vrss

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
auswolf said:
no havent touched the carb yet and there isnt any factory settings in my engine manual,i have replaced the glow already and yes i did buy it off vrss

All of the factory manuals are available on-line from the HPI Racing web site.

If I remember correctly, the S25 settings are ...

High speed needle - 4 1/2 turns out from close

Low speed needle - 3 turns out from closed.

Not sure if they will suit the Picco but it's a good place to start.

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
iLuvOZ said:
all i can say is that the quality of the picco 26 is floating $hit

Picco are an Italian made engine renowned for their quality. iLuvOZ - have you owned one? If so, I am sorry that you obviously had issues with it.

I think the Picco is one of the best engines I have experienced. It holds tune, has heaps of grunt and is lasting incedibly well. I think there will always be people that have bad experiences with anything. Sometimes it is a bad batch, other times it is their lack of expertise.

Auswolf - when you look down the barrel of the carb do you have a blunt "cut-off" looking LSN, or do you have a linger, fine pin needle? Depending of which needle you are using will dictate your default needle settings. Originally many of the engines only shipped with the blunt needle, later on they shipped with both, now I think they only have the fine point. The blunt needle can cause tuning heartache, however once you indentify which one you have, at least we can set you up with factory settings.

Regards,

Chris

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok guys here is what i done ,last nitei set carb float to a 2mm gap then adjusted my low speed to 5 and a half turns outthen my high speed to 3 and half turns out,and then this morning i went to start and the one way bearing was slipping i fixed that,got it started and running
and it didnt stop,but now it would not appear to be changing in to second gear and also after the first tank the one way bearing was sliping again???? it seemed to have heaps of power it wouldnt hesitate flipping on to the roof but im guessing that it is still running a bit rich??

and yes it has a blunt needle and im using 25%nitroEdited by: auswolf

1 - 7 of 7 Posts