Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one know how to remove the front end bearing from a Picco 26 motor. I suspect its leaking fuel from there. I notice a stream of fuel and dirt build up under the motor around that area.

Much appreciate any assistance

Savage 21, picco 26

·
Registered
761 Posts
I get a regular buildup of crap on the engine mount on my savage from my force .25 so i think its pretty normal for the engine to do that, ive read i think on here somewhere that someone had a similar problem.

·
Registered
660 Posts
i think i got the same problem as you like their a lot a fuel around the engine, i think it might be you backplate and the fuel has moved around during the day under your engine mount, also have you sealed the carb that could be a problem too. If you have what did you use and where can i get it

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
My wasp leaked fronm the front bearing. Take the flywheel off and make sure the crank shaft if pulled as far out as possible when you re install the flywheel and tighten the engine nut. After doing this my front bearing leaks a lot less. A little leakage is normal.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys for ya help.

I have sealed the carb with some Hi temp silicon. And the same goes the backplate. I have run through about 2L plus of fuel so far and the crank is browny colour. everything else looks pretty clean inside. My picco isabout month old.

The Silicon stuff is US brand RTV Ultra black (rate 260c). Used it on previous motors so its pretty good I reckon.

The frontend bearingshouldn't need any silicon..!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Husky,

I have pulled the shaft as far it will go then placed the brass collet on the shaft then the flywheel and tightened the engine nut firm. There is about a2mm gap between flywheel and front bearing, it wont go anymore.

If its the norm for a little leak for Picco/wasps I could live with it.

thanks

Thumpa

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
Sounds all right, Just make sure the collet is pushed as far onto the shaft as possible. You cant use silicone on the bearing, its impossible

·
Registered
660 Posts
The Silicon stuff is US brand RTV Ultra black (rate 260c). Used it on previous motors so its pretty good I reckon.

where can i get this stuff? like autobarn

cheers

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
This is what i use, you can get it at auto bar, super cheap auto etc

·
Registered
660 Posts
cheers husky your a good man thanks for the pic

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Husky,

Thats the same brand of silicon stuff, but mind is the ultra black. I looked at the temperature rating, so thats whyI bought it. I wasn't sure about the other silicon stuff.Heyif worksthe same great.

thanx

Thumpa

Savage 21 Picco 26

Throttle/Brake mod

Hitec 945 servo steering

HD Dogbones and cups

Dual tanks

Hobodies UFO/Mayhem tyre/wheel combo

HPI Dual disc brake setup

JR XS3

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Yep Ultra Copper is good, used it on the ol' motor bike - no problems at all.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts