Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could someone post or email me a picture of the inlet hole of the carb when it is closed (without the air filter ofcourse) ??

I have just noticed that i have a big line through the centre, which i never saw there before, i think the sleve has twisted around.

Inoticed this because the prick is jammed..

Any help would be appreciated..

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
The only diagram of a picci carb apart if the one that comes with the
engine. It shows each part of the engine and carb. There is no detail
diagram of just the carb. What are you having trouble with. Ill find
the link of the picco parts diagram incase you dont have it

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the problem i'm having is sleeve that runs back and forth as u pull the throttle doesnt move very well.... if at all {the part on the diagram is 6229}

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
The only think i can think of that would cause that us dirt or sand
stuck in there, but thats not likley. Have you tried oiling the
surfaces? Unless maybe its taken a big knocg and damaged the guide(the
part that runs in the groove on the top of the slide).

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
we just got it apart, the surfaces are fine, but we have been doing some decent sized jumps earlier {pics to follow
}

we are just sliding it in and out at the moment, and we are getting a light "graphite" film on the slide {as if its grinding it smoother}

but we'll try the lube and see if it works

does anyone have a spare picco carb they wanna sell

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
Pretty hard to find picco carbs here. Myself and tOiletduck both have
smashed up picco carbs(they dont seem to last long). You can buy them
for $50US shipped. Have you got another carb to try in it? I have used
S-25 and 21BB carbs with good succuess.

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
The 25 carb makes it easier to tune and on my wasp it took away a bit
of top end. On toiletducks picco on the week end we put one on as well
and it didn't seem to take away any performance

·
Registered
405 Posts
husky said:
The 25 carb makes it easier to tune
I had more
problems with the tuning of my S25 than the Picco. After having a chat
to AUSRC I started my motor first go, and has run cool and consistant
since. AUSRC's hasn't had to adjust his Picco much for ages I believe,
and with the Nova Racing head he's getting super cool runs.

My throttle slide was stiff out of the box. I pulled it apart and
cleaned out the carb, lubed it and it slides smooth and easy now.

Other than the stiff slide, have you had any other problems with your carb?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Besides sitff slide i have had no problems with it. The picco motor is awesome, i have probably put through about 8 litres through it now, and *touchwood* the compression is still very good and i havent changed a one way bearing yet (i hope i dont jinx myself now, and im even using roto start)

Me and MRDOHC took it out and were doing some HUGE jumps and i think i just bent it?!??!

Has anyone tried tobuy a genuine picco .26 carb is brisbane? its not possible basicly.

Id have to order through america and i dont wanna wait 7 days.

Tolietduck if you see this, can u recommend some settings for s25 carb on picco motor.??? this will give me a rough guide on tunning.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well this post is for all the Picco owners..

I have just put on the carb from the nitro star .25 motor onto my picco .26 and guess what, it fits exactly the same as theoriginal..

Somany thanx to husky for the sugestion.!!!

It doesnt seem to hamper any performance, and he was right is a BUCKETload easier to tune. Dont get me wrong i had no problems with the picco carb,but this one is just a litter easier.

I will be taking it out for a run 2night and i will give my final verdict. (i ducked home during lunch, i couldnt wait to try it when it came from mark-mrc this morning)

This is very useful info to know if your trying to get a picco carb, because it aint freking worth it.!!!! My LHS whats 150 bucks for a picco carb, thats 1/2 the price of an engine package. stuff that, i wanna save my money for other mods.

Well, this might be a good time to say: many thanks to all you RC experts who share you knowledge on these forums, it helps us RC amateur's to keep-on enjoying the hobby. My LHS is too busy to bother with small requests like this. So again thanks for all your help so far, im sure i will need more in the future.

Edited by: RudeSavage

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNABLE="on">
<T>
<TR height="100%" UNABLE="on" width="100%">
<TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNABLE="off">Glad to see it worked out for ya. You can get picco carbs for $50Us shipped, but if its going well keep the 25 on. The 21BB carb also fits but its venturi diameter is 1mm less so you loose alot more power. Glad you also found it easier to tune, i know this was the case with both my wasp and toiletducks picco.
</TD></TR>
<TR UNABLE="on" hb_tag="1">
<TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNABLE="on">
<DIV id=hotbar_promo></DIV></TD></TR></T></TABLE>

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.