Australian RC Forums banner

Petition thread

6K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  Mick. 
#1 · (Edited)
Whats the chance of a sticky thread for people to put up petition
Of help people can see and sign for Aussies?

Like the renstement of the diggers travel allowances
And the petition Of the super trawler
We need to be able to help out aussies and send a clear message to these useless politician's.
How fd up this labour gOverment giving the Indonesians and afghans 1 billiOn dollars each borrOwed mOney and they cancel free flight at Christmas for the armed service men.What a discace. .

#2 ·
I had never heard of the Super Trawler until last weekend Ambro, I was down visiting a mate in Narooma and he was telling me the government is going to allow it to trawl off the coast there, Won't leave a lot of bait fish for the Kingy's that the area is famous for.

So much for us having to purchase a Fishing License which is meant to improve stocks for the recreational angler.

#5 ·
Feel free to express your opinions to the issues guys, but I don't consider that there is a need to make this a "sticky".

Cheers,

Steve

#6 ·
If you havent realised, fishing licences are just another revenue raiser, get every other 60 year old that's been fishing for yeeros and doesn't know Wtf a fishing licence is, whenever I'm confronted I tell them I'm teaching my yabby how to swim, wait for them to break out into a hysterical laugh, push into the water and then run off

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315b using Tapatalk 2

#9 · (Edited)
If you havent realised, fishing licences are just another revenue raiser, get every other 60 year old that's been fishing for yeeros and doesn't know Wtf a fishing licence is, whenever I'm confronted I tell them I'm teaching my yabby how to swim, wait for them to break out into a hysterical laugh, push into the water and then run off

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315b using Tapatalk 2
just so you know jonny the fishing licence was to support a buy back scheme of the trawlers in the bays on the east coast. build new better ramps and build up fish stock programs,
they also got rid of the kingfish traps in botany. that's why now you can get kingys up to 110cm in the bay now..bloody awesome fighters for bay fishing. place artifical reef's , enforcement stop people from taking undersize fish etc the list goes on.. sure the goverment takes some money away from what it was to be used for, but we now have better ramps, more fish etc..
and using most ramps up and down the east coast of nsw .. you can see first hand what good has come from it..

here a pic of the port botany boat ramp they built . look how fantastic it is compared to the previous one we had to use across from it,

#8 · (Edited)
#10 ·
y and they cancel free flight at Christmas for the armed service men. .

Err, not 100% true.
Servicemen who are under the age of 21 and not Married, still get free travel back to their family. Those of us who are a little older and/or married still get nothing.

If your over 21 years old and running home to 'mummy and daddy' every year at Tax Payers expense, then maybe the Armed Forces are not for you....

#11 · (Edited)
Err, not 100% true.
Servicemen who are under the age of 21 and not Married, still get free travel back to their family. Those of us who are a little older and/or married still get nothing.

If your over 21 years old and running home to 'mummy and daddy' every year at Tax Payers expense, then maybe the Armed Forces are not for you....

:confused: what's so wrong with visiting your parents. what if there half way across the country and you can only get to see them once a year.. or there elderly and can't travel. that's a unfair call ... don't you think its worth visiting your parents once a year at christmas.. your nice... taxpayers don't mind to foot the bill for that.

the goverment waist a lot more money than what it's worth.. total coast saving of this to the goverment 15 -20 million. they waste that in one week on the illegal entry boat people.

i feel for all the diggers who lost there lives and didn't get to see there parents..

#15 ·
This petition has been successful. The Government has just back-flipped and reinstated free travel for servicemen.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.