Australian RC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a new mill on the was for the savy, heres the link. Its only $40US more than a wasp and it has many more features.

FR27PS - .27 High Performance Race Engine w/ Pull Start

UNLEASH THE POWER with one of our new .21 or .27 Racing Engines! Fantom engines are setting the standard in the industry for performance, reliability and affordability. Our goal is to offer an outstanding race engine, while still maintaining a reasonable cost, which we accomplished with our latest FR21 and FR27 Series engines. This high performance .27 engine is packed with all of the high-tech features you expect in a racing engine. It's intended for racing, but don't be afraid to use it for back yard bashing, if you want to blow your neighbor's doors off. Nowhere else can you find this kind of performance, at this price.

.21 / .27 Engines

FR27PS Racing Engine
FAN01041

FR27PS - .27 High Performance Race Engine w/ Pull Start

UNLEASH THE POWER with one of our new .21 or .27 Racing Engines! Fantom engines are setting the standard in the industry for performance, reliability and affordability. Our goal is to offer an outstanding race engine, while still maintaining a reasonable cost, which we accomplished with our latest FR21 and FR27 Series engines. This high performance .27 engine is packed with all of the high-tech features you expect in a racing engine. It's intended for racing, but don't be afraid to use it for back yard bashing, if you want to blow your neighbor's doors off. Nowhere else can you find this kind of performance, at this price.

FEATURES:

True ABC construction
Turbo design race ported crank
Knife-edge double bushing connecting rod
High performance 8mm aluminum slide carburetor / o-ring sealed
Skirted / double oil groove piston design for optimum performance
3 transfer / 1 exhaust race spec porting configuration
2-piece replaceable button style head type (standard glow plug)
6 bolt / 12 fin head configuration
Optional turbo button and turbo glow plug available
O-ring sealed rear plate w/ heavy-duty pull start assembly
Sleeve locating pin for precise port alignment
Mounts in same location as any standard .21 size engine
Includes standard glow plug
Includes highly detailed 26 page instruction manual

SPECIFICATIONS:

Exhaust: Rear
Carburetor: 2-Needle Slide
Crank: Standard SG
Pull Start: Yes
Horsepower: 2.81hp
RPM (max): 42,800
Bore: 18.5mm
Stroke: 16.5mm

Most common use: Monster trucks
and 1/8th scale off-road buggy.

·
Registered
660 Posts
hey Husky where from and how much?? is it $350 AUshipped like u said on the weekend, you savy is going to fly not like that wasp u had that was soslow on the weekend
poor engine, it is also 2.81HP wow for 40 dollars more, better that a wasp or picco

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Total cost $350 AU from hobby guy RC. The HP doesn't bother me cos it depends on what fuel they used, weather, tune,etc. etc. Never believe the HP rating. RB engines dont disclose their HP ratings cos they really tell you jack $hit. This motor makes more revs and has all the good stuff on it like turbo cut crank, con rod and head, the wasp has none of this. I took a head shim off the wasp last nightto give it more compression and it screams now, but prolly not for long
Edited by: husky

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Husky,

I am really keen to see how this goes. I am super happy with my Picco, but this thing really looks the goods.

Regards,

Chris

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
When i get it ill post pics and a vid. It certainly does look the goods

·
Registered
660 Posts
does Hobby guy RC have a email for requests

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just found out, in a monthFantom are bring out a roto start friendly back plate for the Fantom 27.For all the roto people!
. Mine should be here in a day or two. Cant wait
. The wasp is officially DEAD

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Will have to come and check it out once you've got it hammering. Keenly watching to see how it performs.

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Im hoping to have it up, running and broken in by this sunday for the races. I have heard good reports from the states on its performance.

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
husky said:
Im hoping to have it up, running and broken in by this sunday for the races. I have heard good reports from the states on its performance.

HELLOOO!!!!

Is it here yet? Is it running yet? Come on Husky, don't keep us in suspenders!! (Actually, that's another story)

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Not here yet!!!!!

Skidd: tower or savage central dont have the bevel gears in stock, so i havn't been able to order them for ya
. I checked, and they are on the link, maybe you backordered them? without knowing

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
husky said:
Not here yet!!!!!

Skidd: tower or savage central dont have the bevel gears in stock, so i havn't been able to order them for ya
. I checked, and they are on the link, maybe you backordered them? without knowing

Dayum!! They sure are keeping you waiting for this new motor... will you be at the track on Sunday if your savvys still in bits?

Also did you order the pins? I just looked and sure enough they are on that post you made... dunno how I missed them I guess I'll just put it down to a brain fart.

So do I need to order them or have you got it covered?

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I sent you a PM regarding the pins, let me know if you order them tonight.

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It finally arrived!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ill post some pics soon. Its ready to go in the truck and i will be running it in tomorrow before work! Should be ready for sunday racing

1 - 20 of 46 Posts