Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well as none of u know i make my own savage parts. not anything flasshy like titanium and aluminium. But this time i made a Chassis brace out or stainless Steel and a 3mm thick roll bar out of solid steel. i can tell u now that they both are indestructible. i hav even tried to beng the roll bar using a 65 ton press set to 250KG and just then did it bend. it only weighs a little to so its anot muchfor the basher like me. The Chassis brace also worked out nice in both areas that 1 it protects the underside and 2 it forms triangles across thebottom. well the pics do all the talking so ill stop. Tell me wot u think!!

Roll Bar

Thanks

JohnEdited by: IlUvMySaVaGe25

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
yeah at tafe had all the materials and tools you could want
I couldn't really be bothered bending and machining steel at home

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeh well i did these at my mate mechanic work shop. i could hav done it at home but i though ahh im hear for an hour i may aswell make it. and it turned out well. the roll bar hasnt even shiffted after numerous forward flip attempts gone wrong. so i has deffenatly improved strenght of the truck.

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
solid roll bar could also send shocks/jolts directly to the chassis and tranny
. The alloy rollbar absorbs alot of the energy. But if you have no probs then youre laughing

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well like ive sed i hav hav no problems yet after 7 liters. but most of the time i am very good at controling the trck in the air. the only ones i didnt make was because i got in the way of it while i was jumping. EG thried to stand undering jumping over me. i wasnt quick enoughto turn around to see wot angle it is in the air.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts