Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dumb ass question, but who uses this mod? What screws did you use?

Can i just get any bolt that will fit or should a make sure it has a smooth section (the included screw has too narrow a thread for the hole).

Might even epoxy the holes and re drill them...

·
Registered
761 Posts
Ive done the mod, i used all stock screws, but had to replace one screw, that one that screws from the mp servo saver to the turnbuckle.

I used one of those screws that you use on the sides of the tvp to hold the front and rear end on, i mean those rounded head screws that screw into the furtherest hole on the front and back where the bulkheads are.

I replaced that screw that has the smooth part in the middle of it, and it went into the turnbuckle and the stock turny thingy.. i mean those 2 steering post things but ive forgotten what their called.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Star - I think i follow you. Will have a quick look when i go home at lunchtime. Gee the stock servo saver looks like a POS!

·
Registered
660 Posts
I use the mod and let my say the car has a much more resposive steering and can turn sharper that the crappy stock.

What I did also is put a small amount of CA glue on my finger and rubbed in on the bearing that can with it to stop the bearing from moving in the servo saver also use a small washer to reduce play in the servo saver.

cheers

deke

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
If you shave/grind a bit of material off the knuckles you will also get a much smaller turning radius. You need the MP servo saver for this to work though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.