Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting a Hyper 7 RTR and a few other things from ACE Hardware Hobbies. Will cost me about $900AUDincl. postage. Now I just have to save, should be done by the end of the year.

Can't wait

·
Registered
358 Posts
What sort of other things???

Radio Models in Perth have the "HoBao Hyper PBS RTR" with Hyper 8 port motor for $575 and that's within Australia.

Is that the same buggy as the Hyper 7 ?

Shipping for my buggy from these guys was $25 to Sydney.

Does this help you get a buggy sooner and get out there and have some fun???

Cheers! Oggy

·
Registered
596 Posts
i'm pretty sure they are the same buggy. the PBS version just has pivot ball suspension instead of the standard c - hub style suspension arms

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The PBS has Pivot Ball Supension and comes with a starter box. I have heard that the engine in it is really hard to get running during break in.

The other stuff I'm getting is 2 sets of tires and rims, a failsafe, temp gun, fuel filter and someair filter foamthingys.

I think I'll check out Perth and see what they have.

·
Registered
536 Posts
hey finny the hyper pbs is a hoboa models and has a pull start

ofna bought the designfrom hoboa but hoboa also produce it in my opinion the hoboa is better and the engine is excellent because it's made by hoboa the evil reviews of themotor are from people with the ofna hyper 7 pbs but the hoboa hyper 7 pbs is a excellent vehicle

i no all this stuff because i was planning to buy 1 and i still might or i'll get a kyosho mp7.5 sports

·
Registered
761 Posts
mini-t said:
hey finny the hyper pbs is a hoboa models and has a pull start

ofna bought the designfrom hoboa but hoboa also produce it in my opinion the hoboa is better and the engine is excellent because it's made by hoboa the evil reviews of themotor are from people with the ofna hyper 7 pbs but the hoboa hyper 7 pbs is a excellent vehicle

i no all this stuff because i was planning to buy 1 and i still might or i'll get a kyosho mp7.5 sports

I Dont understand how anyone can possibly believe that..

The Ofna PBS and the Hobao PBS are the EXACT same thing, just like a Thunder Tigher MT-A4 and a Associated Monster GT.

·
Registered
536 Posts
yes thats what i said but the motors are different hoboa produce there own hyper 8 port and ofna make there own the ofna motor have had a few issues but the hoboa ones are great

·
Registered
761 Posts
mini-t said:
yes thats what i said but the motors are different hoboa produce there own hyper 8 port and ofna make there own the ofna motor have had a few issues but the hoboa ones are great

Uhuh...

mini-t said:
in my opinion the hoboa is better

the engine is excellent because it's made by hoboa

the hoboa hyper 7 pbs is a excellent vehicle

Have you ever even owned an Ofna engine?? I for one own one and dont have any REAL problems with it, except for basic nitro issues like gettin it started with different air pressures and things like that.

Your opinions are merely based upon those of other people. They are the SAME vehicle, built by the SAME parts, and more than likely use the SAME engine, except it is rebranded.. Just like the HPI .21 and .25 engines are Ofna Force engines.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts