Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Novak bringing out new "smaller" unit called GTX, an evolutionon the GT7.

(bugger, just went GT7 meself too)

Well and good but it looks like they just made the *case* smaller by putting more stuff OUTSIDE of the orange plastic!

eg GT7 don't have the huge heatsink, the RX connector is inside.

·
Registered
596 Posts
nice. me mate won't be too happy as just went and got himself a new GT7 last week. as for me, i am more than happy with my KO VFS 2000J. all i need to do now is get me mits on a vfs controller to program the speedie. preferably the pc link up one for the track pysch out factor

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Won't be released until September 2004 though.

jiggen5354 said:
...all i need to do now is get me mits on a vfs controller to program the speedie. preferably the pc link up one for the track pysch out factor

nah, you're 8 yrs too late - Cyclone beat ya to it.

Some guys used to carry laptops to the track running PitWizard via serial port... back when a 386SX-50 was 'cool' to have in your laptop.

Might have worked if PitWizard could make them a better driver.
But the psyched-out opponents would just call them wankers.

Accumulated a pile of Cyclones and methink they're still the best ESC ever. SMALLER than GT7 too...!

·
Registered
596 Posts
the hand controller will probably be a better bet i suppose. i will be curious to see whether or not it is possible to get 30 minutes run time with a silver can and a gp 3300 pack. this would be useful for the end of year enduro.

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jiggen5354 said:
i will be curious to see whether or not it is possible to get 30 minutes run time with a silver can and a gp 3300 pack. this would be useful for the end of year enduro.

Probably not.

540 in my EvoIIIs runs about 10-11 mins at racespeed on 3300s - geared at about 5..4:1. Even when geared conservatively ~6:1 it'll only run to about 15 mins. Maybe might make 30 mins if geared to 10:1 but it'll be so slow you'll fall asleep on the straight.

For Enduro... nothing beats the Novak brushless. I've trashed the buggery out of mine continuously for 2hrs+ at a stretch and they still keep coming back for more. Or are BLs banned...

Best motor for an enduro is one of the old-style mild mods. Something about 15-ish turns, standup brushesand "heavy" winding, wherethere's heaps of wire on the arm. Full copper makes for better efficiency.

Run your ESC at the highest freq it can do. Its more efficient and reduces punch, which means less stress on the drivetrain & tyres too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.