Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&categor y=44019&item=3191907649&rd=1

should i go for it??

it ends tuesday 1pm...awesome..i'm on the computers at tafe...so i have time to chuck in a last bid before it ends...

any advice about it? and ordering from overseas guys?? zoomer help me... haaa...the brushless is $395 here...
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6>
<T>
<TR>
<TD vAlign=top noWrap>Current bid: </TD>
<TD width="100%">US $152.50
Approximately AU $216.80 </TD></TR></T></TABLE>Edited by: migoreng

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
umm... Have you considered the risk...?

Seller is a newbie on eBay and doesn't have a huge amt of feedback yet.

How comfortable are you sending a sizable swag of $$ to someone you don't even know on the other side of the world. What if nothing ever shows up?

And don't rely on eBay or Paypal to save you; their 'protection' is worth squat.
International traders have zilch recourse, that's the pragmatic bottom line.

There are so many scammers on ePay these days, I don't even bother using it anymore except for small items or its good ppl that I have dealt with before.

Feedback Score: 23
Member since 18-Mar-04 in United States

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
Not hard to find elsewhere for $220-225 plus shipping.

Or with Tower you can often use their discount codes too, can take $10-15 off if you're lucky.

It all boils down to the same thing. Probably get better service outside of Tower if you don't like dealing only with a computer & online ordering.

But bugger me dead, damned AUD still dropping lower.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i have it..!!
ordered monday 12pm..

i have it now...just came home from tafe..

whooo...

gotta try it now...

·
Registered
709 Posts
WELL!!?? Whats The Verdict Migo!?

Would Wanna go quick! just dont kill this one!!?!

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
wow

its so fast at 24000rpm 5th program setting...19T pinion and speed tuned gears...its probabaly doing 50-55kph...i'll go to a park tomorrow and test it out...

i lost a 10mm wheel shaft so i don't ahve 4wd atm...i took the 4wd propellor shaft out...too scared to go faster without it...brakin with rwd spins the car...ahhh...

24000rpm it says...damn its faster than my fireball 15T...whooo...

but how do i reverse??? i stop move the stick back..and it still doesn't...the blue led is on...and damn...hmm i'll figure it out...

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
Novak SS controller has "timeout" for reverse. Push it into 'brake' and hold it for a few seconds and it'll flick over into reverse.

Assuming you've got it set up right.

Where did ya get it from MiG & how much?

Came pretty quick - 2 days!!

Expressposted from RMS?

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
actually...i notice the has to be exactly still...ie motor is not moving...

i can drive forward...stop it with my hand and reverse straight away....but yeah...

yeah i've got it set up right...i use the 5th and 3rd...programs...limited rpm with reverse...and unlimted, max braking with reverse...

got it from radiomodels perth...$395+$12 expres airmail post...$407 together..ordered monday 12pm...i came home tuesday at4pm and it arrived...i checked my netbank tuesday 8am...and money had gone into their account...they probably send straight away too...whooo...so fast

it arrived with the box in the plastic bag...the box has a few dents on the corners...and its squashed in abit...doh...but motor and esc is packed in the thick foam...so its fine.Edited by: migoreng

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
migoreng said:
it arrived with the box in the plastic bag...the box has a few dents on the corners...and its squashed in abit...doh...but motor and esc is packed in the thick foam...so its fine.

OzPost's resident mail-squishing elephant must have moved to Perth for a holiday. I got a unprotected kitbox in yesterday from Sydney and it survived pretty well, still got all 8 corners still recognisable. If the elephant had been on duty it'll be FUBAR'd...

A$400 eh?

hmm... getting real tempting.

Getting one from o/s is gunna cost US$250-260 all up and with the AUD at current levels its bordering on "not worth it".

Wish Novak would just release their "Super Mod" one that they announced last year, that's meant to be more powerful etc.

But then again we waited 2 years for them to ship SS5800 after their initial announcement.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ahhh...yes i got the ss5800

lol
ss5800 hasn't been mentioned anywhere in this thread...so people don't know what the helli was trying to buy...but in zoomers last post, in the last line, there is the word ss5800

hahaha

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
Imho there's no point in life for the SS4300.

Its the same price as SS5800, its got the same controller (not smaller, not lighter) and there's still no sanctioned racing for either beast. SS4300 was built as a "stock" equivalent but in reality it'll probably beat a brushed stocker. No one's gunna let that run alongside!

If a BL is raced its usually in the Modified class, so you'll be looking at max power not crippled performance. SS5800 doesn't quite cut it in true full-on mod racing either, the hottest mods are still more powerful.

So for now, its a really great tool for bashing and that's about it.

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
Three power wires 'cos its a three-phase motor.

And a handful of sensor wires - Novak is sensored.

The electronics behind the ESC is just mind-boggling. Its gotta control the motor by pulsing the 6 electromagnets at exactly the right time to keep the motor turning, so it must know exactly what the motor is doing at any time. All calculations are done real-time.

That's a lot more complicated than a conventional DC motor's ESC, which only pulses the motor drive via time modulation. All ESCs pulse at a fixed rate (some user-selectable) too, all except latest LRP QC2 with factory-set variable switching frequency. But they all don't need feedback sensors so there's nothing to compute.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts