Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday was not the best day for my car.firstly i went to the lhs and bough a new pullstart and a temp gun.Got home installed it car started after 5 pulls.give it a quick tune it's 240 perfect.Take it down the park where theres some yellow sand build a nice 2 1/2 foot jump with a nice lip.engine started after 3 pullsJump it get a bit off air then engine comes a bit lose so it has no contact with the spur gear and the air filter comes off.Ok so i start (after about 10 mins of yanking)again i'm just ripping it up around the grass then i hit the jump at full throttle get major air it lands it and drives away i go ripping it up on the lawn and then it stops moving and just revving like hell.i go down to it and try and plug the exhaust but wtf it won't stop i take off the body and wont screw has fallen out of the exhaust so its kinda just hanging there so i ended up pinching the full line

this is what needs repairing

new clutch bell it strippid it

some new screws for the exhaust

and the biggest bottle of locitite i can find i am just gonna locitite everything in the car

also its covered in sand so so far i've been cleaning for about 3 hours i'm pulling the whole thing a part i will use dads air compressor (he has 3)

oh well i will get mad force soon which will be great for jumps

i spose thats what i get for buying a bottom of the line rtr Like the famous phrase your first exspence is your last exspence

sorry about the spelling

·
Registered
761 Posts
LOL i used to have an electric kyosho ultima st.. it was fun when it worked. Got me a second electric guitar for it which i want to sell for a new car.

No, usually the spur gear should strip if its plastic. I cant imagine my clutchbell on my savage stripping before the spur gear...

·
Registered
761 Posts
Plastic Clutchbell?? Well.. Kyosho did a worse job than i originally thought.. the only real problems wiht mine was the gearbox was a bit dodgy really, but it handled a 15 double motor so i guess its ok.

·
Registered
158 Posts
no nick the car was to slow for th engine so the engine overheated and died

OFF TOPIC: dont forget to bring the hockey tape to school tomorow

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
Skidd said:
Is it normal to strip the CB and not the spur gear on those?

yep Ultima RB has a plastic clutchbell... but its identical in shape to the ones used in touring car Spider MkII or V-One-S (all metal) so just buy that instead.

Clutch shoes themselves are a bit suss too. Might as well ask LHS to see what they have that'll fit, something heavier duty from say Tamiya or other Kyosho.

Otherwise Ultima RB is a pretty decent buy, damned good value for $$.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah it was a alright buy i bought it for 400$$ brand new about 7 months ago i've only ran like 1.5 l of fuel through it

now that i found out about online shopping i can get a mad force for 550$

my mums getting another credit card today to use over the internet.(she doesn't want to her current one witha 14 000 limit)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts