Australian RC Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I am starting to do a lot of work from home as it is something I love to do withhh all my spare time. So if anyone needs any work done on there Nitro powered vehicle, feel free to give me a call for competitive prices on all work.

<ul>[*]Engine rebuilds[*]Maintenance and Tunning[*]General servicing[*]Full Kit builds[*]Clutch, Gearbox and Diff maintenance[*]Custom Fabrication and upgrades[*]Written garantee on all workmanship[/list]
Feel free to give me a call anytime to discuss your needs and requirments. No job to small or to big as I do this in my own time.

Cheers,
Shaun.Edited by: HIRISK

G

·
sounds good...but ive seen this alot on other forums...

have you got pics to show your work??...how can we be sure you going to do what you say you do.....??

id start by doing something simple like a body painting job before i acctually sent over my whole car to be rebuilt and tuned...

what is price???..

hope i wasnt to nasty.....later

nismo

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Nismo,

Have you ever bought from someone on ebay withhh no feedback? Did anyone ever buy from you when you had no feedback?

The first transactions are always the hardest to get, once you have them, you get the name.

It is up to forums like AUSRC.COM to give people the opportunity to make themselves know. It is obviously also up to forums such as this to make it know if people are doing the wrong thing. Please don't judge what Shaun is trying to acheive based onthe fact that you have"seen this alot on other forums".

You have seen much of what HIRISK has acheived withhhh his Savage already, withhh photos, so it is not like we haven't seen some examples of his work.

http://www.ausrc.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=104&PN=1

I think everyone deserves a fair go, until they either earn it, or lose it.

Regards,

AUSRCEdited by: AUSRC

G

·
im just putting across that i would not ship over my car to be touched up, withhout knowing its going to come back better than it was before!!

yeah fair enough its a starting buisness!,
good luck anyway....

Edited by: AUSRC

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I understand what you are saying, I myself would ask the very same questions.

I have been involved in building full size cars for 10 years now and have always cringed when anything I could not do myself had to be outsourced as I never knew who to trust.
Lucky for my Dad and I, his Mustang was 95% built in house which makes us feel better. Where as my GTR needed a lot more outwork, which is a little more concerning.

Here is some pictures of my GTR....
Shaun's GTR

Anyone that wants work done withh me can be asured that a written garantee will be supplied on all workmanship. I also will only be doing one or two cars at any given time, so my complete attention is given to each individuals vehicle.

I have owned many Nitro cars and trucks over years and take pride in what I do. I do not want to try to say how good I am or am not though, as this can sound cocky and give the wrong opinion.

Anyone needing work done and wants that extra touch that you won't get at a busy hobby store is more than welcome to come and see me or give me a call.

I will not disapoint.

Cheers,
Shaun.

G

·
nice GTR......

are these jobs only for local ppl, or can one's item be sent to you to be fixed??

if at request can a body be purchased by you and be painted then sent to me at a price??...

just want to know, does it cost??....

thanks

nismo

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK,

I am based in Melbourne. If someone from interstate could not find a sufficient work shop localy, well then yes, I would be happy to have things such as motors sent to me for rebuilds. I guess the only hassle would be the postage costs, but thats all.

As for pricing, well I have a flat rate for labour of $15 per hour. Parts will be charged at cost as I am not interested in making from those items.

I have a deal in place withhhh a local hobby shop as well as a U.S. one, so my parts should generally be at the normal retail price.

Body's can be done, not a problem. But it would be best to discuss what you require first as I am not going to claim to be a spray painter
I can do most requirments though.

Any questions, just ask.

Cheers,
Shaun.Edited by: HIRISK

G

·
ok, so if i was to send you my GX.12 engine withh a piston and sleeve to
be installed, then the engine to broken in, then tuned, that would turn
out to be alot of $$$$....

nismo

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Nismo raises a good point, and one that people could find useful....

Have you got the ability (read kits) to be able to run in an engine? ie. If you rebuild it and the person wanted it to be run in, could you do that unless they sent you a complete kit?

I guess I am just trying to help set the bounds. Run in is a bugger of a thing, and to have someone do it for you...hmmmmmm. Obviously the level of tune you would ultimately get depends on your local conditions, etc.

Anyway, good luck withh it Shaun.

Regards,

AUSRC

G

·
correct me if im wrong, but isnt it best to take the break in slowly??....

idle it for 2 tanks(10mins a tank=$6), start at a rich setting a slowly
leaning it out.....atleast run from rich to leaner in a period of 7-10
tanks..ive known this to take a while, letting the engine cool
completly(30mins??= $7.50)

this really adds up..

nismo

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
True, but as an example, if you are new to the hobby or not confident - even if the whole breaking cost you $30 (2 hours), if your engine lasted twice as long, you have saved your money.

Just as an example.

Regards,

AUSRC

G

·
yes, but wouldnt one, do a look up on how to break in
engine.....personally i find it more rewarding doing it myself, then i
can say, "i did that" !

newbie yes.....ive only been into nitro for 1 month,(didnt even know what a glo plug was
) but have done loads of reaserch, and im having to break in the engine later this week hopefully, if my parts come..

Nismo

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi Guys,

Look, these are all valid comments, but please, can we keep this thread simple rather than trying to come up withh every possible senario that may make it not worth your while to have work done by someone else.
Nismospeed, I understand where you are coming from, but not everyone has your enthusiasm or capabilities to learn and would prefer the assistance of someone that has the knowledge to ensure their car is broken in and tuned safely.

Cheers,
Shaun.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ENGINE REBUILDS:
People can supply me withh the parts required, or if they wish, I can quote on labour AND parts to complete the job. It is best to discuss a rebuild withh me first so we can establish how much use your motor has had and potentially keep the list of replacement parts to a minimum.

BREAK IN:
I am happy to break in a new motor for people and spend some time after break in to establish a good base tune that will make strong, but safe power. This is a good starting point for a newb and you can then tweak it from there for your local conditions. I WILL require your entire kit for the break in process as I don't have a spare of every chassis ever made (i wish i did!!)

A normal engine break in will take approximately 2 hours and then another 1 hour for a good tune. These are just estimates though as every engine has different amounts of attention that it will require for break in and tune.

KIT BUILDING
This can take many hours so it is always best to just contact me to establish what it is you require.

ALL OTHER GENERAL REPAIRS AND MAINTENANCE
Please contact me to discuss your needs.

Cheers,
Shaun.

G

·
sounds good....

good luck withh it ......

but not everyone has your enthusiasm or capabilities to learn..

hmmm only been in this nitro game for a little while...attempting
my first break in very soon.....so basically im a newbie aswell....

Nismo

1 - 15 of 15 Posts