Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Dude thats awesome....

Exact same chapel that i got married at......

Funny shiz waterproof go pro at end, wife was watching on and laughed as fish swam by....hahaha

Pure gold

·
Registered
341 Posts
That's not a crash. It's just safely disposing of a LiPo :)

·
Registered
355 Posts
cdis,
Check this thread of the build I'm in the middle of http://www.ausrc.com/forum/showthread.php?30901-Hex-Rotor-FPV

Been nailed this week with work and some family things so haven't even managed to look at it let alone do anything. The 10x zoom camera turned out to be faulty and to the credit of CNC they shipped me a new 1 as soon as I provided tracking details of the one I've sent back. Will save me about 6-8 days which means hopefully by the weekend after this I'll be taking the first flight. Fiji is an awesome place and I'll be taking the family back there later this year. We stayed at the Naviti resort on the Coral Coast on the all inclusive deal. All you can eat & drink for a week, fantastic with kids and very relaxing. Will definiately consider taking the Hexa there with me but maybe fit some pontoons for water landings.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
lol awesome, how did u go about getting the lipo overseas?

·
Vendor
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lol awesome, how did u go about getting the lipo overseas?
With great difficulty :)

It was a bit lame, but some part of their requirements allow you to carry a 2x spare batteries for each device, per person. I took 5 batteries all up, 1 for the radio and 4 for the quad. Ended up having to bin one as I could only take 4 between my wife and I.

·
Vendor
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice work on the vid, I liked how oldmate who found it swam back with it underwater.

Also wen it first sunk sounded like it was still running for couple secs.
In the original video you can hear the motors twitching away for the first couple of minutes but it was underwater for a good 12 minutes.
Everything was dead by the time we found it.
Lucky everyone had snorkel gear so we just jumped back in the water after the crash.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.