Australian RC Forums banner

New pipe, body & wheel nuts.

13K views 42 replies 16 participants last post by  monster 
#1 ·
Well guys I just finished my Origin body for the Hurrax:

It also features a new top end pipe and special custom made DPS wheel nuts with a grub screw in them to prevent the nut from undoing.

Hope you like it:

I have not fitted any stickers yet but I am undecided on what to do!

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks Ambro,

I'm not big on painting bodies but a little thought and a few hours and I'm fairly happy with the out come.

I guess I better get a few photo's now as it won't look like that for long eh.

#4 ·
Nice work mate, love the ken block theme... how about a vid of the beast doing some funky 4wd road drifting?? Chuck on your old wheels and burn some rubber..:D

#11 ·
Thanks guys,

Well I will find out soon enough if it's fast but that pipe performs heaps better up and down the street with much more low end and more top end (as it is a top end pipe).

Kris, I am glad you gave up your nuts as they look sweet....... sorry if this sounds a little kinky but I do like them:cool:.... a lot.

Dean.... I am looking for free drinks yeah yeah.

Monster, I actually had to trim less of the new shell with this pipe compared to the stock one.

Thanks Merlin, I appreciate a good paint job but can't bring myself to pay for it....... so I just take matters into my own hands and it normally does the trick..... discalimer don't read into the above comment to much:eek:

#13 ·
Hey Dave.. it certainly looks the part.:thumb:

Who makes the pipe? The bit that sticks out the window looks good but what about the rest of it?:D
LOL... Thanks Damo.
The pipe is a DDM FG Top end pipe.
The only Mod I had to do the actual pipe to get it to fit was re-drill the mounting lug where it mounts to the clutch case.
Other than that it fits perfectly.

We shall see if the rest of it is up-to the task in a couple of weeks:cool:

Thanks mate;)

#19 ·
Thanks Homie.... I have had a heap of trouble with my air brush lately and tend to get more paint on me than I do on the body so I went for the can option.:thumb:

#20 ·
Looks Great Dave:thumb:

a question? the monster claw tear, is that a mask, and if so, where do you get it? I love the claw marks

#21 ·
Thanks Towie,

I found the image in the net and printed it out at 220% and sticky taped it inside the body, then used a texter and traced it to the outside of the body, then put sticky tape inside the body (enough to cover the full out line) and use a sharp knife to follow the line.

Once that is done just peel off the outside edge of your masking and paint the whole car and pretend it's not even there.

When your body is finished use a fine blade and carefully lift the mask inside your body and it will leave a clean exact copy of what you traced....... then paint her up and hey presto.

Well that's how I did it anyway.

#24 ·
The vid of me masking the body????

It wasn't that exciting but initially I tried liquid masking tape and lets just say plenty of swearing took place as it didn't work like I planed:bang:

#28 ·
Thanks mate, I am seeing yours in the avitar and it look pretty trick, might have to make a few more bits of carbon fibre to get me over the line for a show and shine;)

#35 ·
Well it's been a long time coming but I have finally rebuilt the Hurrax after origin.

I need to clean the shocks and a couple of finishing touches but here she is (before & After shots) plus a few of her insides.

I took the car home in a garbage bag to prevent mud going everywhere and started the clean on Tuesday I think it was...... yep a little slack I know but better late than never...lol.

#30 ·
This paint job on the Hurrax would have to be my favorite one yet....
I think it looks absolutely brilliant....STUNNING.....:thumb:

Should look good out on the track easy to see.

Cool stuff.. nice one Allanach:thumb:
</IMG></IMG>

#36 ·
As most of you may remember she was the last car running and in the end the engine gave up the ghost...... I wonder why???

Draining the crank case:

Check out the spark plug:

Used ring on left:

Again used ring on left:

A little hard to tell in this shot but there is a 2mm ring gap.

#37 ·
Here it is all cleaned up and now I can fit the tools into the ends of the screws again and start going over all the moving parts.

As she sits tonight:

Sorry for the crappy pic's but I couldn't be bothered fitting the flash to the camera so you need to use your imagination a little;)

All up I needed a full engine re-build with bearings, piston, seals and crank.

The car received new wheel bearings, clutchbell and spurgear bearings, centre diff bevel gear bearings.

I added the Hurrax titanium rear drive shafts, not that there was anything wrong with the other ones but I couldn't be bothered cleaning them and I had the titanium ones already.

I was shocked to discover the to Rhino servos and Ace throttle servo still work and move very well..... happy camper once again:thumb:

Hope you liked the before and after shots.

Now the question is.... do I want to get it dirty again after spending all thet time cleaning???

#39 ·
LOL.... Yeah I am sure Mr Hurrax would be impressed with my handy work:D

The funny thing is I keep looking at those pic's and looking at the "now clean car" and it freaks me out how dirty it was, I remember the thing was so heavy that one of the boys (I think Deano) helped me load it into the car as my back was playing up at the time and I couldn't lift it myself.

#41 ·
So you went into your "zone" and fixed the Hurrax. She's looking like a million dollar again:thumb:

So when is the next mud run Dave...........:D
nice work dave!

Had my 5T cleaned as soon as I got home after origin. A few weekends ago, we had our race in gympie and I still got mud from it at it is currently lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.