Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

http://www.traxxas.com/REVO/revo.htm

This new monster truck from Traxxas seems to be a new likely competitor to the HPI Savage, and many other 1/8th scale trucks.

Ready-To-Race
Revo is Pro-Built® and Ready-To-Race® right out of the box. Traxxas’ professional factory assembly puts you on the road to fun, fast! Everything on Revo including the engine and electronics is engineered and manufactured by Traxxas, so you know it all works together and is backed by legendary Traxxas customer support.

-TRX-2.5 R Racing Engine with EZ-Start and preset fuel mixtures
-Traxxas TQ-3 three-channel radio system (factory pre-adjusted)
-2 High Torque Traxxas Steering Servos
-1 Standard servo (throttle)
-1 mini servo (shifting)
-RX Power Pack (5-cell, NiMh)
-RX Power Charger (AC/DC, peak detecting, auto trickle charge, AC power adapter included)
-Pre-glued tires with inserts
-Painted trimmed and decaled body (4-color choices available)
-Revo tool set
-Full color 48-page Owners Manual
-Setup and Engine Tuning DVD
-Extra air filters and air filter oil

This truck comes equipped with the Traxxas TRX 2.5, and a New PowerTune Aluminimum engine head.

Heres a Picture Of The New Truck.

http://www.traxxas.com/REVO/gallery/revo_gallery_002.htm

Also there are numerous videos on the Traxxas web site, including this one.

http://www.traxxas.com/REVO/videos/revo_video_001.htm
Edited by: Star Guitar

·
Registered
263 Posts
I find it strange that it uses a total of four servos, seems like over kill for 2 servos just for the steering. But other than that I really like it.

G

·
well i don't like it iwatched the vid seems too low to the ground also 4 SERVO'S wtf... does it have 4 wheel steering or does traxxas just want to drain ur batteries faster

i will not will get it coz i doubt it will perform like a savage with a picco .26

also it weighsin at 9 pounds the savage at 12 so in my eyes the revo is still a t'maxx compared to the savvy in my eyesEdited by: nellyneil

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
That one mean truck! Look at the drive shafts!

The action of the front suspension looks cool in the vid, yet i'm still thinking a savvy has my vote!

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Has anyone checked out the shock setup??

It is by far the lamest shock set up ive ever seen, there is no independant suspension so it wouldnt be very good for big jumps, and the only shocks are on the front and back so its being held together by shocks and a skid plate... not very good design if you ask me.

The way it is set up, it could easily be taken out by any other Tmaxx, Savage, Monster GT or any other big MT.

A little off-topic, but has anyone actually seen a Monster GT right in front of them? I know i have, its sweet but i saw the Thunder Tighter version, the MAO4 or MTAO4 or something, i cant remember what its name is.

·
Registered
472 Posts
the new revo from what i have read on other forums will be unfortunatly very stiff competition for the savage..even with the trx 2.5 or whatever it is... the suspension looks flimbsy and lame but a few savage guys an another fourm i visit have already sold enough rc gear to pay for this thing and htey aint nooby's so there must be somehting going good here

BTW for peoples info i think im gonna keep the savage :) (and nick this means u cant have my fuel filter:p

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
*dammit*
Good to hear your keepin it, means i have someone to bash with that can keep up unlike my friends emaxx i just blow it away.

Yes im not too sure on this revo to be honest, it could be utterly awesome but for now on i dont think the shock set up is very good... but there could be some mystery behind it all that makes it good.

Whos gonna be the one to buy one and give us all a review on it

Sure wont be me i know that im broke lol... damn savage.

Jono knows all about bein broke from savages

·
Registered
561 Posts
Im just wondering if the Revo is a ploy br Traxxs 's marketing
department to generate a new hop up market, kind of the way microsoft
and pentium do !

The suspension would be interesting to have a close look at, its clear
though that the shocks would be doing alot of work and only being such
a short stroke would cause prefamture shock fatigue and fade. ( think
about the old man emu shocks for IFS trucks, they have the extra
resivor ) I think that a simple shock setup like the tmaxx and savage
is good, simple and direct with minimal moving parts.

Whats with the motor, this was a perfect oppoturnity to revamp motor make and size .....

Basically it seems to be a Tmaxx with a rx hump pack and cantilever suspension !

Who knows, in 6 months time all savage owners could all be eating Revo's dust , only time will tell !

Edited by: Odum

·
Registered
472 Posts
i have a bad feeling about these things..i dunno why i just have a feeling...the trx2.5 is suposed to be a beastly motor, and the way this thing will corner and handle in general will give some stiff competition to the savage. the brakes will out brake a savage hands down, and it suposedly does like 43 mph so :S if its really good i may sell the savage and upgrade. also they ave upgraded the bulk heads, so this may bring to an end all the funny looking maxx's with the front ends broken off

only time will tell

·
Registered
793 Posts
have you seen how light the frame looks! its going to be lighter than a t maxx. thats for sure...

·
Registered
158 Posts
nellyneil, perhaps traxxas dont intend for it to compete with a picco 26, maybe the mean it bashes as hard as a savage but races just as well and the 2 servo steering may be new technology did u ever think traxxas may be leading the way in Rc instead of being so negative towards everything, like the F1 shock system i have doubts about it but look at fi cars the are the fastest cars in the world

·
Registered
158 Posts
u should check out the new vids the suspension setup would make excellent for jumping the extra servos mean for power stearing of no other, this is on advanced rc truck, the new technology is amazing, the have tilted everything inwards to give it better balance and greater speed its great this truck is overwelming

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
PeeDee,

I have to agreee. As much as I love my Picco powered Savage, this truck does look impressive.

Let's not forget that Traxxas had the nitro and electricMonster Truck market wrapped up with the T-Maxx/E-Maxx. So much so that other companies had to think outside the square to make a dent in the market. I believe that HPI did a great job in the design of the Savage, and to a degree, I think that HPI haswon a large parcel of the market.

I cannot imagine the Traxxas are happy to sit back and watch this happen. You now have the Tamiya TNX, HPI Savage, Associated MGT (to name a few) and with new entrants to the market like the Losi LST the market place is getting crowded with good pieces of kit.

Am I suprised they stuck with the small block - no. To my knowledge they have no big block kits in their range, so they stuck with what they know. Let's not forget that that .15 (TRX 2.5) that they run is a powerhouse.

Traxxas seem to have put a lot of work into this thing, and I say again it looks impressive.

Regards,

AUSRC

·
Registered
561 Posts
Has anyone heard or seen any reviews of this truck ?? How are they preforming ??

G

·
Star Guitar said:

It is by far the lamest shock set up ive ever seen, there is no independant suspension so it wouldnt be very good for big jumps, and the only shocks are on the front and back so its being held together by shocks and a skid plate... not very good design if you ask me.

The way it is set up, it could easily be taken out by any other Tmaxx, Savage, Monster GT or any other big MT.

A little off-topic, but has anyone actually seen a Monster GT right in front of them? I know i have, its sweet but i saw the Thunder Tighter version, the MAO4 or MTAO4 or something, i cant remember what its name is.

The suspension is independant and if you look at some of the vids for the revo you would see the amazingly big jumps it can do!

·
Registered
536 Posts
since then i have changed my thoughs about the revo it looks good. I'm getting the new traxxas s-maxx for my brothers b day so i will see how that goes

Should get tnx sometime next week

·
Registered
641 Posts
I think traxxas has put alot of thought into this new. truck MT,

I'm still concerned about the suspension, it just looks flimsy imo but
im looking forward to seeing some reviews about how it performs... now
which one of the melbourne crew is gonna buy one so i can have a bash
with it

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Guys currently there is three (3) trucks that will need testing from you guys..

Cen Genesis
Losi Super Truck
Traxxas Revo

These three are the big trucks of this year, although ive heard the Genesis isnt doing too well.. although the Revo looks quite impressive...

Has anyone seen the new videos of it on www.traxxas.com ?

The good one is the one that the revo jumps like 30 ft into the air, backflips and lands on all four wheels again.. Also theres one of it wallriding which i wanna try out with the savage

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
****** said:
Star Guitar said:

The suspension is independant and if you look at some of the vids for the revo you would see the amazingly big jumps it can do!

Ok.. After i watched some more videos of it, your right mate.

30 ft into the air, and one time it completely stuffed up the jump and it came away with no damage.. Is this truck the next Savage in terms of durability?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts