Australian RC Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

Sorry to waste the bandwidth, I just have to share this with people who'll understand:) My daughter wants to build a car with me (I won't give her a turn of my Sav. 21), so I just ordered the little Tamiya TST 1 Rock Buster from Tower.

Toy Traders (local Tamiya importers)here in OZ said they never heard of it and wouldn't be bringing it in at least til later this year, so I ordered it from Tower. It looks like a great little kit - I mean the thought of a 1/18th truck with a 540 sized motor - you gotta love it!

Can't wait to get it!

Sorry, I think I'm excited, just had to share!

Mike

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Ozdork,

I think we all get excited about new kits, feel free to share.

Regards,

AUSRC

G

·
sweet...cool looking truck...

heard the ground clearence aint to great though...and you need a special battery pack..

cheers

Nismo

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Howdy Nismo,

Well I guess the ground clearance is about as good as it could be on a truck this size:) The thing that attracts me is the fact that you can use a standard 540 motor. I have visions of fitting foamies, upping the gearing then terrorising the Micro RS4 guys - at least in a straight line:)

So, standard servos, 540 motor. Oil shocks as standard, 7.2 volts. On paper I find it heaps more attractive than the Losi Mini T, plus after my Inferno RTR hassles, I definitely wanted something in kit form.

You need the special battery pack, which is no big deal. Battery World at Castle Hill will put together anything you want for a pretty good price. Be better and probably cheaper than the Tamiya pack.

I'm getting it to build with my daughter - she's only 6. I think we'll have a lot of fun with it.

Mike

nismospeed said:
sweet...cool looking truck...
heard the ground clearence aint to great though...and you need a special battery pack..

cheers

Nismo

G

·
yes cool, well i want one...they look like so much fun..

im sure if you where creative enough you could made design a new chassis like all the clod owners do..lol.

batteries yes..easy made up, there a triangle looking pack..

good luck on your kit anyhow..your little girl is lucky

Nismo..

·
Registered
686 Posts
Hey ozdork - sounds like you are in for some real fun. My 6yr old, Henry, has a traxxas bandit and drives it like a bandit! We often put things together together if you catch my drift! I think it's great your daughter will get the chance to share that time with you. I have also had my eye on a little TST and if you are looking for parts or whatever take a look at www.rcmart.com They're in Hong Kong and have some really cool stuff. Their ebay name is Dinball. I have bought some stuff from them and they are verygood. How does a Kyosho 1/9 rc bike (remember them) for $71 USD sound? yummy! Have a great time with that TST and let us know what you think of it. ta John

1 - 6 of 6 Posts