Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

HPI Racing is proud to introduce new Aluminum Threaded Shocks for the Savage series of Monster Trucks. Machined aluminum shocks have been one of our "most asked for" hop-ups for the Savage, so our R & D staff set out to make the best possible alloy shock for the Savage. The result is official factory-designed precision machined alloy shocks that feature a threaded body for quick and easy adjustment of the springs and ride height. New dust boots have been added to keep the shock shafts clean and isolated from dirt, dust and mud for consistent shock movement even in extremely dirty conditions. Inside the shocks you'll find new machined delrin pistons that are harder and more slippery than the stock pistons for smoother shock movement. To make everything look great we anodized the shock bodies Gun metal, and the machined caps are anodized purple to match our other Savage factory hop-up parts. To finish the package, we add our black stiff "SS" springs.

These alloy shocks are a direct replacement for the stock Savage shocks, so they will fit on all Savage trucks. The package comes with 8 shocks that are pre-assembled for easy installation, just add oil and bolt them on! An alternate set of machined delrin pistons is also included to help adjust the shock dampening to track conditions.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
nah.. waituntill yours stuff up or buckle??.. no point in wasting money on shocks when urs work fine??..

on the other hand. if their not fine.. get em

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
I havn't heard of anyone having probs with the stockers. The aluminiun ones are more for show. They do look nice though, but when theyre covered in dirt who cares.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
on savage central.. they say all the other brands ally shocks suck.. like HB..

but they reckon the HPI ones rock.. but are expensive..

until my stockers STUFF up.. i wont consider them,

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
I wonder if they are actually worth the extra weight they will make the truck carry?

husky said:
I havn't heard of anyone having probs with the stockers. The aluminiun ones are more for show. They do look nice though, but when theyre covered in dirt who cares.

Off course the problem here mate is that not everyone likes getting their savage dirty.

·
Registered
660 Posts
I love getting me savage dirty the only problem is cleaing her

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Fire said:
on savage central.. they say all the other brands ally shocks suck.. like HB..
but they reckon the HPI ones rock.. but are expensive..
until my stockers STUFF up.. i wont consider them,

Exactly what I'm thinking - Ive heard that these alu shocks rock, and are worth the money (some bling bling you can still bash), but It will wait till I bust the stockers...

·
Registered
641 Posts
Skidd said:
I wonder if they are actually worth the extra weight they will make the truck carry?

husky said:

Off course the problem here mate is that not everyone likes getting their savage dirty.

Ahaha, nice one skidd... lets not talk about that here

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
Its ok, we understand......... It was wet and you didn't want to get your truck dirty

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
tOiletduck said:
Skidd said:

husky said:

Ahaha, nice one skidd... lets not talk about that here

Mate... I didn't say a word! I had intended it to be our little secret, after all it's much more fun to gently prod from the sidelines when others don't really know what's being said. Hence my use of the
emoticon, meaning my lips are sealed.

But either way it's gonna be fun hinting at this evey now & then.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.