Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Lookswicked mate,can you please take some photos of the engine fitted.
I am looking at putting an .18 into my Revo too.
My next choice is a Hyper.21 8Port Pro
Check out the specs ont this baby!!!

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width="100%" align=center><T>
<T>
<TR>
<TD width="50%" bgColor=#e2e2e2>CLAIMED HP</TD>
<TD bgColor=#e2e2e2>2.7</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD width="50%" bgColor=#ffffff>RPM</TD>
<TD bgColor=#ffffff>38,000</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD width="50%" bgColor=#e2e2e2>CARB TYPE</TD>
<TD bgColor=#e2e2e2>SLIDE</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD width="50%" bgColor=#ffffff>CRANK</TD>
<TD bgColor=#ffffff>SG</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD width="50%" bgColor=#e2e2e2>CONSTRUCTION</TD>
<TD bgColor=#e2e2e2>ABC</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD width="50%" bgColor=#ffffff>ENGINE SIZE</TD>
<TD bgColor=#ffffff>.21</TD></TR>
<TR bgColor=#e2e2e2>
<TD width="50%">TYPE</TD>
<TD>REAR EXHAUST</TD></TR></T></T></TABLE>

I have one in my Hyper 7 PBS Pro and it screams.
It has so much torque it lights up all 4 wheels with road tires on bitumen!!!
I can get a pull start for $269 plus the engine mount for about $40US.

Not sure what's involved in fitting it though.

Is the OS.18TZ the On-Road Engine or for Off-Road?
I thought i read it is for On-Road.
Does it pull wheelies on demand?

Love the Hummer Shell too Mighty Revo!!!
I just picked up my Crowd Pleazer 2.0 shell today and painted it tonight.
I will cut it and fit it tomorrow.Edited by: OzBlueRevo

·
Registered
413 Posts
The Sirio S.23RE has more power than any other .21 engine for the money by far. Also if you want a .21 then the Sirio.21 Bk Evo IIKanai is by far the best you can get for the money as the S.23RE is actually a medium block and desingned especially for the T-MaxxS.23TX) and Revo. Also the Kanai won the worlds so need you say more. One thing about sirio engines is they are winning worlds in almost every class.
For example the 1/10th on-road Sirio has 8 out of 10 of the top ten placings
and that includes the top 5. Not bad hey for an engine half or less the price of a JP Black and similar price to an OS.
Check them out and see what i mean: http://www.star-motor.com/
Go to the Races section for their titles in the worlds and check out the tuning guide and watch the full lap in the Off-Road Section inthe Extras pageif you have broadband and crank up the sound, they are wicked!

I will have about 10+ Sirio engines by next weekend if they arrive by then so ifanyone isinterested in one let me know as i am taking orders for those interested in a Sirio S.23RE/TX(comes with engine mount, header and springs)and the Sirio.21 Bk Evo II. I will also know if i can get the S.12's for the 1/10th touring and the S.27 Pro (these are insane for power and torque with incredibly high revs)for the Monster Trucks like the Savage, Losi LST, TT MTA4etc. These engines will go really quickly if i advertise them on eBay so please let me know.

The S.23REis rated at 3.1H.P. and 41,500rpm which is more than the V-Spec as per OSEngines.com :-

SPECIFICATIONS
Stock Number:
OSMG2068
Displacement: .21 cu in (3.5cc)
Bore: 0.653 in (16.6mm)
Stroke: 0.629 in (16.0mm)
Practical RPM: 3,000-40,000
Output: 2.5 hp @ 33,000 rpm
Weight (w/o muffler): 12.7 oz (360g)
Includes: TP-3 glow plug, 8mm and 9mm carb restrictors, exhaust seal and dust cap set
Requires: Glow fuel, tuned pipe and manifold.

This engine still looks really sweet though so please don't mis-understand me. If i couldn't get a Sirio i would get one of these.
Edited by: OzBlueRevo

·
Registered
413 Posts
I second Sirio_racer's opinion as Sirio now do have the winning numbers to prove their quality & value for money.

Again it comes down to personal prefference and opinion which we are all intitled too.

If you want a goodall round engine for cheaper then go for an OS or if you want RAW POWER AND REVS with Race Proven Performance andReliability for a bit more then go the Sirio for sure.. i know i will cause i want to race and win also.

·
Registered
413 Posts
They are all good in their own rights i'm sure.

The OS has a well know reputation for power, reliability and quality.
Sirio is a younger company but is quickly getting a fantastic reputation for building awesome engines.
I can buy and sell Sirio engines and have some coming this week so maybe i might be a bit bias in that regard but as i said, honestly they all have their own purpose and suitability for each individual.
I am not sponsored by anyone (yet) and i have spent a small fortune on setting up my Revo with lots of spares and tools so i can keep going on a race day.
I haven't even lightened the truck much yet either.

Remember the Revo was designed by Traxxas after 2 years of intense engineering and testing to WIN RACES in stock format so putting add-ons like bigger engines and lightening the truck are just a bonus if you can afford it.

I think we have all got away from what this post is all about and that is "NEW ENGINE FOR THE REVO".
Please all if you have put another engine into your Revo let us all know so we can all learn from the goodpoints and bad points so we can avoid wasting money.
We are not talking about what engine is really better than any other engine but what works better or best in the Revo so lets get back to the topic and enjoy it please.

If anyone has done any transplants then post some pics for us to see and links to videos to watch if possible too.

Thanks Guys

·
Registered
413 Posts
Thanks Trader but that will just keep the argument going and change the subject of this topic again so please put up a post about that topic if you want to argue about this stuff.
We all know OS is a good manufacturer as they have been making Nitro Engines since Adam was a boy.
Just like Mike Tyson was the World Heavy Weight Champ... until someone better came along and opened up a big can of whoop-ass onhis butt...

The only real thing for sure is CHANGE.

So lets get back to a New Engine For Your Revo...

Who else has done a transplant and has pics, vids or helpful hints???Edited by: OzBlueRevo

1 - 6 of 6 Posts