Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CVEC have release their new Z-180 pipe designed for 1/8 scale, big block engines. As with all CVEC pipes, it utilises the moving piston to regulate exhaust flow and produces benefits in torque and top end speed.

CVEC List the benefits as:
Faster Acceleration
More Efficient Use of Fuel
Cooler Engine Temps
More Torque
Increases Top Speed as Much as 25%
Easy Mounting
Stable Pressure for Fuel Tank

For full information visit the CVEC website at: http://www.cvecpowersystems.comEdited by: AUSRC

·
Registered
689 Posts
i'd like a new pipe since my stocker is stock

·
Registered
689 Posts
just saw it for 60us at towerhobbies, i might just wait till my stock one breaks.

·
Registered
5,213 Posts
i had a cvec .15 muffler on my 4tec for a while.. they tell u to tune yer engine a totally different way than normal (requires lsn to be like 1/2 - 1turn leaner also) and they are sometimes a pain to get yer engine right, but once its tuned they do give great performance. i tapped a barrier and both the stingers knocked clean out coz they are threaded in the thin muffler body and NOT welded! HOW CRAP!!.

i welded the stingers in, but then the muffler halves thread stripped so i shelved the muffler as a total waste of 44bucks (usd). currently have the .21 cvec on my truck (came with the truck) and i cant wait to get rid of it for a normal muffler, personally i think cvec mufflers suck

looks good, can make tuning yer engine a biatch but gives good power when tuned, and is pissweak in strength especially the stingers.

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
If you think your CVEC pipe's material is a bit dodgy, make sure its a real one - not a 'clone' copy.

There are heaps of clones selling in asia!!!

All the genuine original CVECs I've held feel suitably solid, but yeah they screw together all the joins. Its worth loctiting all the bits...

·
Registered
5,213 Posts
it was definately the legitimate deal from cvec, it was the first item i ever got from tower..

i guess in a truck they take more shocks, but are better protected within the chassis where in a tourer the stingers hang out the side of the car, almost level with the wheels which is where the problem was for me as it was the weakest of wall grazes which started all the probs..

the only prob i seen with loctiting the muffler halves together is that u could never adjust the mufflers internal setting again (4holes, ranging from max power, to max fuel economy)

i emailed cvec about a dozen times before they finally replied, and they wanted $30usd just for the outer half where the stingers are!!

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
Oblivion said:
the only prob i seen with loctiting the muffler halves together is that u could never adjust the mufflers internal setting again

nah, just use the blue (non-permanent) loctite.

If its still too tight to move, just give it a little heat (gas burner on stove) then twist.

Its an exhaust pipe, it'll take the heat.

·
Registered
5,213 Posts
aah cool thanks mate, ill do that to the one thats on my .21 maxx until i stop being a tightwad and buy a bettermuffler

·
Registered
101 Posts
Oblivion: I had the same issue w/ my 4tec, tuning was a bit of pain but once it was dialed in it was a big improvement.

·
Registered
5,213 Posts
oh for sure, i did get mine dialed in nicely and they dogive wicked powerbut i just found the stingers broke to easy, and after only a few outings

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.