Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My package from RadioModel got lost ~ not happy Jan!!!!

The bad thing is they told me its not insured!!!!!

I paid the $9.95 postage, but it doesnt mention anything about it NOT BEING INSURED....

I am sooooooooooo fuggin angry.... i assumed the $9.95 included insurance, but i phoned them up and they said no we just put it in a normal post bag!!!!

well why the fugg did you charge $9.95 for postage when those post it bags cost only $4.30!!!!

and they said only if you paid $12.95 would you of gotten insurance!!! well it doesnt say that on your website... it only says that it will be quicker... with $12.95 postage.

anyway... i just let you all know... beware coz they rip you off on postage... when i pay $9.95 for postage i dont expect them to chuck it in a $4.30 bag and not spend an extra $2.35 for insurance, when my $9.95 should of covered it!!!!!!

Anyway, i now have to dispute the transaction thru my credit card company. So take that!!!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
I feel for you mate, the same thing happened to me somewhere else, but the bits were replaced free of charge.

Ive had problems with Radiomodels before they're dodgy.

·
Registered
472 Posts
ive dealt with them before and they are very good..but they should warn people about that kinda crap

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
JoNo-vs-SAVAGE said:
ive dealt with them before and they are very good..

I am sure that 99% of packages reach their destination no problems at all, but they shoud insure it just for the 1% that doesn't

·
Registered
88 Posts
It's unlucky that the goods were lost, i send out around 10 packages a day with different frieght companies and have never had a package completely lost, it's always been found again. If the goods were only sent in the past couple of days you have a chance of finding them, otherwise it becomes hard.

My suggestion is to ring radio models and see if the have a consignment note number for the package, once you have this number you can ring the freight company yourself and rev em up a bit. If radiomodels don't record the consigment note numbers well maybe they should as it's the best thing to do when it comes to customer service, but if they don't have the number unfortnatley there isn't much you can do about it.

how much were the goods valued at?

A great dealof the time even if you don't pay an individual insurance fee the goods are insured to some extent by the carrier, i know myself(i use alot of freight companies) that the standard charge for freighting or even prepaid airbags comes with a standard $100 or $200 insurance or something like that.

I don'tat alluse aussie post bagsso im not sure about their insurance, but i know that with cod post you get $100 insurance automatically as long as the price of the goods is marked. However i believe there are some frieght options that don't use insurance in their base line delivery's simply to save money and attract more business.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Weaponx said:
I feel for you mate, the same thing happened to me somewhere else, but the bits were replaced free of charge.

Ive had problems with Radiomodels before they're dodgy.

How are they "Dodgy" when there's been one complaint about someone
having something lost or misplaced? Sorry to hear about that too mate.

I've spend $$$s with RMS for years, as have many people on here, and
I'm sure if they were "dodgy" they wouldn't have been around for the
best part of 15 yrs.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
soooo.... did they say they'd look into it orrrr they just figured it's lost and there's nothing that can be done??

If the latter is the case - i'd call that dodgey -lol- I've heard a couple of problems with these fellas - even from locals over there - but no, certainly not a whole lot of em

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
i gotta start taking note of those dates

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
KyoshoKev said:
My package from RadioModel got lost ~ not happy Jan!!!!

The bad thing is they told me its not insured!!!!!

I paid the $9.95 postage, but it doesnt mention anything about it NOT BEING INSURED....

I am sooooooooooo fuggin angry.... i assumed the $9.95
included insurance, but i phoned them up and they said no we just put
it in a normal post bag!!!!

well why the fugg did you charge $9.95 for postage when those post it bags cost only $4.30!!!!

and they said only if you paid $12.95 would you of gotten
insurance!!! well it doesnt say that on your website... it only says
that it will be quicker... with $12.95 postage.

anyway... i just let you all know... beware coz they rip you off on
postage... when i pay $9.95 for postage i dont expect them to chuck it
in a $4.30 bag and not spend an extra $2.35 for insurance, when my
$9.95 should of covered it!!!!!!

Anyway, i now have to dispute the transaction thru my credit card company. So take that!!!!

I could be wrong here but I vaguely recall that the vendor is
responsible for the purchased goods until you take possession. Call
fair trading and find out because when I was a youngster working for an
Asutralian Distributor of high end IT stuff we had to insure everything
leaving the building to the dealer network.

May have changed but they will by law have to provide proof that they
shipped your goods, this proof has to be able to uniquely identify the
package and the destination otherwise they should cough up. vThey could
simply be saying, yeah we shipped it prove otherwise. In no way am I
implying that is waht they have done but far to many retailers and
vendors take their obligations to the customer with a grain of
salt. Youv;e got a right to fight ....

·
Registered
88 Posts
Ahaha yea, paying attention to the dates does help!

·
Registered
508 Posts
No prob's with my dealings with RMS, everything I've ever ordered has always turned up.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.