Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone my freind just bought me back a tamiya ta04-r tuned chassis kit from hong kong. Just want to know if anyone has one? If there are any tips people reccomend when building it? or any hop up's i might look into getting before i start the build. Thanks

Heres some pics

This is my car, i just finished it tell me what you think

Edited by: aidz

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
Yup -run an R and PRO; I thought the R-Tuned was pretty much fully optioned?? Shouldn't need any extra money spent then.

Assuming you've got decent motor/ESC/radio already.

You could do with:-

--Get some good shock oil. Try 40wt all round or 40 in rear, 60wt in front - use either 2 or 3 hole piston.

--invest in good tyres. They improve handling for trackwork so much they're essential. Sorex and TakeOff are good brands. Tamiya's Type-As are the best they make, but nothing compared to real racing rubber.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah its pretty much fully optioned, thanks for the tips, i am getting a futaba 2pl so should be alright thanks

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
Nice!

Don't get anything less than a 330 ESC to go with it.

Futaba's 400/600/800 is even nicer, if you don't need reverse.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Hey niiice!

so how do you find the 415? i still may get one, what did it cost and from where if u dont mind me asking...?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The TRF 415 is sweet! I have had TB Evo III, and TA04R chassis in the past and now I swear buy it!

I'm still trying to get the handle on the many adjustment points, but I reckon in a few weeks I'll have a beautiful setup. Word of warning, these kits are difficult to assemble. I would suggest having a good set of tools (Tamiya TRF recommended) as the spanner set that comes with the kit is sh*t!

Best $600 bucks i have ever spent - The wife wants to kill me though, but I was lucky enough to trade in both TB evo and TA04R chassis and have enough $ to get the TRF 415 + hard fluorine springs.

The body I am using is a Subaru Impreza WRC 2003 body from my TB-02 stock. I am looking at buying a nice Nismo skyline or stratus for racing.

Cheers,

RC Master

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.