Australian RC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hey guys, today i got my BAja in the mail, and it was good fun!!

but i do have abit of question i must ask you!

1) i flipped it once, is it just me or now i hear something rattling inside?
2) i think i over filled the gas tank, is it meant to leak slighty?
3) i also bought i charger, i think i configured it right, its set to the reciever battery pack in the car ( should it be CHRG > DISCHRG, 3.0A, its like bouncing between 7.52 and 7.53 volts?)

ill have more questions when i think of it!

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
A you might have broken an engine mount bolt or the mount itself....inspect and move things around

B yes it will leak slightly if you have overrfilled it

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1 using a drunk monkeys ***** as a stylus

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Your charger should be set to

Nimh > charge > 1 amp for peak capacity or 2 to 3 amps for peak voltage with the loss of charge capacity

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1 using a drunk monkeys ***** as a stylus

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
okay so i think i have seen the problem with the ringing when i accelerate, it sounds like its coming from the 2 massive cogs just sitting outside the engine? when the black one (covered ) moves, it makes the sound, i took the cover off with the 2 clips and it seems okay, i dont see any loose or broken engine mounts, hmm, what do you guys think?

edit: when i move the cogs (flywheel?) with my hand, i can hear the slight rattle

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
That would be your brake disks

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
79 Posts
My mates baja had a bad fuel tank from new and had to be replaced. If you have a look at your fuel cap I think you will find a small pin hole for a breather so that could do it.

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
There is a one way valve in the cap...no fuel should come out

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
it sounds to me like you have lost the brake retaining ring, but pics will help.

oh, and by the way, the two massive cogs, the large one is called the spur gear, and the smaller one is called the pinion gear.

but as always a picture says a thousand words.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
the spur gear looks normal, so does the pinion, maybe remove the cover from the spur gear, and check underneath. if that checks out fine, remove the spur gear itself. turn the pinion gear (the little one) and listen for noises from the clutch bell, as the noise may be coming from there.

be careful with the plastic clutch bell holder (between the clutch bell and the gear plate) as they have a tendancy to melt and destroy spur gears. i would suggest either replacing it with an alloy unit, now, or have an alloy unit and a spur gear on hand for when it fails when running.

·
Registered
229 Posts
My mate'a Baja also developed a rattling noise after the first run, and turned put to be coming from the brake discks..mine developed a rattle recently after nearly an year of ownership and it turned out be due to melted pinion holder thingy..time to do the metal upgrade..

Cheers

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
so should i worry about this? my current list on DDM is:

DDM Dominator v2 pipe
killer bee skill switch
shock covers
air filter cover
engine pull starter cover

anything else must i add to it?

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
so should i worry about this? my current list on DDM is:

DDM Dominator v2 pipe
killer bee skill switch
shock covers
air filter cover

anything else must i add to it?
try this: (in order of importance)

killer bee kill switch & radio upgrade (from stock)
quality air filter cover
alloy clutch bell holder

then optional
DDM Dominator v2 pipe
shock covers

·
Premium Member
9,488 Posts
hey guys, today i got my BAja in the mail, and it was good fun!!

but i do have abit of question i must ask you!

1) i flipped it once, is it just me or now i hear something rattling inside?

Something rattling is not good, you are going to need to have a carefull look over everything to see if something have been knocked loose or snapped...where does the noise seem to be coming from?

2) i think i over filled the gas tank, is it meant to leak slighty?
There is a small hole in the fuel cap, it will leak/seep a little as the fuel sloshes back and fro in the tank, and will stop after the fuel level drops a bit. The hole is a breather, and allows excess pressure to escape, and prevents the fuel system becoming pressurized.

3) i also bought i charger, i think i configured it right, its set to the reciever battery pack in the car ( should it be CHRG > DISCHRG, 3.0A, its like bouncing between 7.52 and 7.53 volts?)

ill have more questions when i think of it!
Set the charger to 2Amps in Charge mode, Charge only mode....CHRG>DISCHARG is charge to discharge mode and will stop when the battery is full, then rest a mminute or so, and then discharge to flat again

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
HPI Billet Clutch Bell Carrier for HPI Baja 5B/5T/5SC 1 $59.00 $59.00
tr210 Killer RC "Super Bee" Failsafe/Kill Switch Combo 1 $59.99 $59.99
eg180 Pull Start Cover - OW Black 1 $24.50 $24.50
af286 TGN '*******' Dual Stage Pre-Filter for HPI Baja 5B/5T 1 $10.00 $10.00
sp103 Full Force Shock Boots for HPI Baja 5b/5T - Red

i might buy the exhaust later, this is my first fast RC car, so i need to learn how to use it first!

are those parts good quality?

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
billet clutch is good, you dont have to go hpi, but do what your budget allows, as for the killer bee, get a good reliable kill switch, for the killer bee to work effectively you will need to upgrade the stock radio gear.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
so should i be worrying about this ringing sound? i have watched abit of videos on youtube, and sometimes i can hear it too on them?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts