Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't believe it - MRC has gone to the dark side - he is selling ..... TRAXXAS gear.

Check this out:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2565&item=5916072696&rd=1

He now stocks the Revo!

In all seriousness, I think it is great that his range is increasing. If people can get good local support for these products, we may actually seem them in Australia for a change.

More power to you Mark!

Regards,

Chris

·
Registered
75 Posts
No we arenot going to the dark side if I was I would be keeping the Revo and selling my 2 Savages.

The Revo listing was done as astir. But saying that all of our listings are in stock and ready for posting.

·
Registered
761 Posts
The revo doesnt look that bad, and i dont think the revo should be considered "The Dark Side.." although the T-maxx is definatly rivalry to a savage..

Plus the Revo isnt out yet, so it might not be as heavy competition between savage andrevo as savage and t-maxx.Edited by: Star Guitar

·
Registered
410 Posts
I think T-Maxx was the competition to Savage. The new Revo is
competition to Savage 2 or whatever they will call it.
Again, HPI has the upperhand in studying Traxxas engineering, improve
on it, make Savage 2 better. tougher, meaner and it all begins again.
Something Mufasa would had said, Circle Of Life. <Cue lovely orange
sunset>

MnB

PS

I didn't know the S-25 was a Force 25 model, is it same part for part?

·
Registered
761 Posts
Yes a S-25 is just a regular Force .25..

Yeah, but i wonder when HPI will release a new savage, and if the parts will be interchangable with the old savage.. I hope so because i dont want to buy a whole new truck..

·
Registered
75 Posts
It is more the fact thatleaving the Savage would be going to the dark side.

The Revo is definitely out and could be at your house in 2-3 days depending as to how quick the post is.

The S-25& theForce 25 model,are not thesame part for part. The S-25 has the Stealth black case for improved cooling,Composite carburetor for improved heat resistance and I think the mounting holes and the heads are different also.

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As Mark said - the move to the "Dark Side" was more of the fact that he had something that was "not Savage". I thing the Revo looks like quite an amazing truck.

As usual with everything that Mark has, the fact that it is in stock and at a reasonable price was the other point.

It was a "tongue in cheek" way of telling him that it was god to see his range expanding and by no means a bagging of Traxxas.

I also have to agree with Zoomer - I don't think HPI coppied too much from the T-Maxx. The fundamentals like the TVPs v's Chassis platedemonstrate that. I don't know if the Savage was the first with TVPs, but I know there have been a few since. I would be more concerned with who has coppied HPI..... but the is the "RC Circle of Life" I would think.

Regards,

Chris

·
Registered
477 Posts
mini-t said:
Why can't you start stocking tnx parts Mark

because they suck
J/K

not many people have tnx's and lots of people have savages, and he wont make much money buy selling tnx stuff to one person

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
While I certainly welcome and appreciate the expanding range at MRC, I just hope it's not at the sacrifice of those essential savage items we all need in a hurry. Stuff like.... fuel tanks etc.

After all, like any business... MRC can only have so much money tied up in stock.

BTW: this is not meant in any way to be trying to infer how MRC should run their business.

·
Registered
222 Posts
is it just me or has the mrc web site been down for the last few days? ive tried sending mark a couple of emails, but no response either... maybe he has gone to the dark side is becuase he didnt pay his electricity bill :])

Mark, if u read this id love a qoute on a savage ss and some bits and pieces... if u didnt get my email ill send it through again :])

·
Registered
410 Posts
Mark has hes eyes on the the whole local RC network, me get more
trucks/ cars, me strangle hobby shops, I am a one man RC terminator to
bring you all down <insert eveil genius laugh from Mark>.

Over exaggerated....relax. I guess Australia Post in hes neighbourhood
would love Mr Mark. I bet he gets free 50 cent stamps everytime he
mails an item.

Ka Ching.

MnB

P.S

Yea I also emailed Mr M for HPI stock tire prices, no reply there.
Maybe its a new website.......wooooooooooo.........we shall see.......

Edited by: milknbutter

·
Registered
75 Posts
Ok, Well first off unfortunately our web site has been down which took out our email also, It is back up and old emails are coming through in drib n drabs. Our host had done some upgrading and took out all of the web site that they host. They could of told us they were working on it and there was a chance for this and we would of delayed ourtime away.

Well Skidd you have no worries we are not moving into other brands. I don't want to be a Hobby shop We are a spare parts Supplier that has opted to support HPI

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
mrcmcp said:
Ok, Well first off unfortunately our web site has been down which took out our email also, It is back up and old emails are coming through in drib n drabs. Our host had done some upgrading and took out all of the web site that they host. They could of told us they were working on it and there was a chance for this and we would of delayed ourtime away.

Well Skidd you have no worries we are not moving into other brands. I don't want to be a Hobby shop We are a spare parts Supplier that has opted to support HPI

So if we were looking to get other brands parts... or even whole kits are you able to quote on those, or is it just not worth your while??

I mean say I wanted a CEN Genesis, would you give me a price or is it just not worth you doing it?

Happy to call you if this is something you'd rather not post on here.

·
Registered
445 Posts
So is there any chance of a new website?

Possibly with online ordering?

Also - just wondering if that revo has the Aussie 240v charger *wink* *wink* ?

·
Registered
761 Posts
I agree with Trader, there should be an online ordering system as it is easier than calling, although theres nothing wrong with calling because Mark is heaps easy to deal with and its easy to get prices and descriptions of the parts (colour ect) over the phone.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Skidd, If the itemis some thing thatI don't carry and I can getit in at the right price then with a deposit wewould be happy toorder in other brands. At present the CEN is not available through the suppliers we deal with.

Well the Revo has gone. Good point though I didn't think about the charger.

As for the web site we have aawesome one that we are close to getting up and running. It is taking a bit longer than I had hoped,As I didn't realise we hadas much stuff as we have.

Star Guitar have youever orderd stuff through an online ordering system to have them not arrive as they are on back order even though you could put them in your cart?

I recently bought some computer stufffrom someone like this, They took the money from my card straight away and about 10 days later as they could not get some of thebits they put part of the money back. I had even opted for express post, Well of course the remaining stuff was sent express post on the day that they received it 10 days after I orderd and paid for it.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Mark,

I suppose your right, id rather ring and find out if your have the stuff or not. Also, as you said - i recieved the part yesterday arvo in the mail and it was very easy to install. I like the fridge magnet as well. Put it on my garage fridge

·
Registered
202 Posts
Hi Guys,

I've had a fairly well known Oz hobby shop in Queensland allow you to
order online, then instead of all your items you get some of the items
and a slip of paper telling you the rest are on back order. Not Good!

Don't know if I should post the shop name on here, but I'm happy to PM
it to anyone. The annoying thing is that the shop has been pretty good
with other things.

Mike

1 - 20 of 36 Posts