Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's hard to find people that own monster trucks here in Sydney. It gets kinda boring driving around your suburb with mates that own race cars (u are constantly trying to avoid running over them).

I am in Liverpool, and I some times goto the 4WD offroad track at Menai tobust my Mitsubishi Pajero and take the oppurtunity of wide open gravel to drive my Savage 25there too.(Free all day).

Sydney dudes interested or want other people to race with, post replies or if you want any questions answered regarding this place please post them here as well.

Cheers

milknbutter

·
Registered
358 Posts
Hi there,

That sounds like a good idea, but I was in a 4x4 club a year ago and there were issues with a really good location in Menai.

The problem was that it was owned by an aboriginal council or something and people were destroying the place, dumping cars and all that sort of thing. The place ended up having the gates shut to everyone except for organised club trips (or something like that)

Is this the same place - there would be signs at the entrance if it is.

Other than that, I'd be in for a trip some day in the future.
I'm equipped with a 1/8 buggy and Isuzu 4x4 off roader - nothing soft about it except maybe the tyres

Cheers!
Oggy.
p.s. I'm in the Parramatta/hills area so it's just a little bit of a hike.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Guys Im also located in merrylands and 2 mates that are in auburn. That makes 5 of us, so lets organise a day. so 4 savages and a buggy should be fun

ak

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wooo 4 Savages, that's sweet as. I havent been to Menai in a while, I will go check it outthis weekend,Ogier, see if there are any new rules regarding the use of the place.

Auburn/ Merrylandsaint dat far, actually Merrylands is up the alley. Where do u dudes usually race? Suburbs? Moorebank track?

If we do go, Ogier, thats an ideal place for a buggy dude, hard packed surface, you'll be doing circles around the us Savage dudes, until someone loses an ego and 4 Savagesturn towardsyour buggy.Can you say "Tag"? Joke.

Sounds good, I will check the place again this weekend and update u dudes. I got a mate in the city that has a Savage SS so tally rite now is 5 Savages, 1 buggy.

Could you dudes also advertise the specs on your monsters, here's ma ride - Savage 25 RTR, HPI polished pipe, motorsaver, firm tire inserts, 30 weight shock oil.

Cheers,

milknbutter.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Yeah, Savage Tag (or Rex tag?) crossed my mind too

My specs are pretty short & sweet.

Rex-x, RB WS7II, Motosaver 2 stage filter, front shock guards for kicking MTs & pavement and a JR XS3 controller (27.045 I think)

I've got spare 29.825 & 29.845 AM crystals if anyone else has a freq. clash on 29MHz.

Cheers, Oggy.

p.s. don't worry about the tyres, I'll swap the off-roaders onto it!

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ogier just reminded me of sumfin, I am running a stock Savage RTR radio on channel 6, other Savage RTR owners please check your channel. Post em 'ere.

Cheers,

milknbutter.

·
Registered
332 Posts
1:30-2pm...we will be coming to endeavour park probably every week..fairfield...cumberland hwy...go to fairvale high school and turn right at the end of the street and theres the park...

come and drive around...hahaha

2 or 3? nitros...3 electrics...

Edited by: migoreng

G

·
i got savage ss with werk picco.26, GMP aluminium steering, GPM fuel filter, reverse module, digital servo, GPM airfilter, dual disk brake and futaba 3pk

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
UPDATE ON MENAI TRACK - Pics galore

I went to the Menai track to check ittoday, and I can tell you, there were no restrictions, I happily took my Pajero in there and there were many 4 wheel drivers and also bikes there.

Here are somepic'sof my Savage. We should go soon, all 5 Savages, and the buggy dude
Would be awesome. The pics are only of a single area, keep in mind there are km's of tracks like this and we just couldnt be bothered to drive around all day to look for the best spot so we settled for this narrow area to bash. Enjoy - milknbutter.

Different Body

There are smoother surface areas, but I chose to take pics here for dramatic effect. Post your thoughts, oh and the place is free.

Cheers,

milknbutter

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hey milknbutter,

I will try to meet you at menai but it depends if my dad can take me. I also have two other friends with savageswho will more than likely end up coming so u can raise the total to 8mt 'snow ( hopefully ).

Can u give me a address or a few instructions to getthere.

See u there,

Nick

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
To Akkk

Dude that seems like a nice place. You free Wednesday, hehe, i sometimes goto Menai but not where you did, looks aight. Buzz me. I amnear Liverpool.

[email protected]

I have another dude who has just modded he's Savage to a Picco 26 and is craving to test it. I have a stock Savage RTR using a stock radio. What you say? Wed midday to afternoon?

Email me yea.

milknbutter

·
Registered
99 Posts
milnbutter i was planning on taking wednesday off and having a bash, but i hear its going to rain, so i was thinking tomorrow, providing my mates can take the day off

will back to u

ak

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Man if its gonna rain on wed, screw it, but tue is a no no, got some assignment stuff to do. But later this week some time?

Email me on [email protected]. I have 1 other dude with a picco 26 Savage.

Cheers

milknbutter

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.