Australian RC Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How waterproof is the Mini REVO since we got it going again? Find out in our latest production!

If you want to see more about the fried electronics (before I fixed it and made the above video, then check out this older one:

Thanks for checking out our stuff, cheers my Australian friends!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Cool vids man I love the durability of the light weight 1/16 traxxas models. so cheap to fix them when they do break too.
I had no idea a dead servo could take down the esc and receiver with it, thats nasty behaviour.
Congratulations on the bad ass e-revo you will love that thing I was sooo torn between getting one of them and the thunder tiger mt4-g3 but the price difference made the decission for me in the end. How are you going to waterproof the esc? I think the servo/s are waterproof and the receiver has the waterproof box still?
Living in Canada=must be waterproof with all that snow, here in Australia we just have to worry about high esc/motor temps bloody heat lately has been around 38-41 degrees C

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey FreshMeat™

Thanks for the reply... In the end, I talked to Castle customer service and instead of paying for a refurbished ESC, I paid a bit extra to upgrade to the new MMM2 waterproof ESC. I wimped out, basically >< (been waiting six weeks for it to get here, should be tomorrow or monday, arghhhh)

I LOVE the look of the MT4 g3 but parts are not readily available compared to Traxxas.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I had no idea castle had that waterproof option available I must be living under a rock, 6s e-revo in snow with a set of slingshots would be a video worthy of an oscar Btw!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had no idea castle had that waterproof option available I must be living under a rock, 6s e-revo in snow with a set of slingshots would be a video worthy of an oscar Btw!
It's brand, brand new mate... don't beat yourself up! And yes, I really do want to do some unholy snow setup... just not sure if I will have all the parts (and/or money for said parts) in time for the next big snow!

I'm just going to run 4s for now, because I'm still running a plastic drive train. Once I get all those fragile bits upgraded, I will have to give 6s a try :)

·
Registered
229 Posts
We're all looking forward to see the next snow bash video, I have run 6s in the mt4 and its utterly insane.
I never would have said it but theres a line where too much power is a bad thing and I managed to cross it, when your building up speed and your giving a right correction on the steering and you see the tryes pointing right but the damn car still heads left towards a kerb at 80kph because theres no weight on the front tyres then you panic brake and flip it into the kerb..... its a right pita! I had to fix the body up a bit but the mt4 is one tough bit of gear to survive that with just a lost body clip and busted up shell, I need to start filming this carnage.
Im sticking with 4s for now too but am waiting on a 5s pack from hobbyking, damn chinese new year.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We're all looking forward to see the next snow bash video, I have run 6s in the mt4 and its utterly insane.
I never would have said it but theres a line where too much power is a bad thing and I managed to cross it, when your building up speed and your giving a right correction on the steering and you see the tryes pointing right but the damn car still heads left towards a kerb at 80kph because theres no weight on the front tyres then you panic brake and flip it into the kerb..... its a right pita! I had to fix the body up a bit but the mt4 is one tough bit of gear to survive that with just a lost body clip and busted up shell, I need to start filming this carnage.
Im sticking with 4s for now too but am waiting on a 5s pack from hobbyking, damn chinese new year.
Nice! I hear 5s is the sweet spot on that truck :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts