Australian RC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
metal shielded ball bearings Vs rubber sealed ones,

which ones do you ppl use, i use metal shielded ones due to being cheap and being 100x better then plastic bushings...maybe one day ill upgrade to rubbersealed bearings

nismo

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Nismo,

I think you said it all in your descriptions.

Metal SHIELDED
Rubber SEALED

So depending on your application, different bearings are of better use.

Most bearings in RC applications are shielded, some engine bearings are sealed.

Irrespective of your application however, if you are in Australia, and particularly near Brisbane, try:

Small Parts and Bearings

They are the retail arm of Minature Bearings, and have a great range of bearings for RC applications. They actually have some full kits that they put together for particular models.

Their website is not the best to navigate (my opinion) but they are always helpful on the phone. Better prices than the LHS too (this is probably where they buy them).

Regards,

AUSRC

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmm maybe, but id like to see what ppl use on a everyday use, i mean would you pay $100 for top bearings, just to have them trashed around the backyard, or get cheaper ones that are metal shielded, i use my car for general use, and i use meatla shielded bearings, only cost me $2.50 a pair, and they are really good one, they spin for ever....

i dont see the point of paying lots of $$$$ for really good bearings when i can use just a little bit of that to buy the cheaper ones, and spend the rest on more needed parts, eg, wheels, tyres, etc

nismo

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes good point there, so im guessing you guys go for the metal ones???, or unless you race you would use the better one's??

nismo

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
<LABEL id=HbSession SessionId="1650960860">what... that is expensive...i buy the 2.50 a pair ones and they are way better than the plastic bushing crap..</LABEL>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah same here, and they seem to go on and on and on and on and on!!!

i did my whole kyosho and it only cost $18.50.....

very cheap and good quility...

nismo

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yes cool...

plan on getting some, not just yet, the metal shielded ones do the job well....

i find the tamiya blue rubber sealed are of A+ quality but so darn expensive...

Nismo

·
Registered
58 Posts
anyone know where to get cheap bearings in perth having trouble eveen sourcing 8*16*5 one shop wanted $18 for one plus frieght each

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
jiggen5354 said:
lucky for me i got a full set a tamiya blue bearings withh the evo 3

Yer got the SURIKARN LIMITED then... standard EvoIII #58299 only has Tamiya metal-shielded bearings.

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
MySavage25 said:
Metel Shelded = Longer Life

Rubber Sealed = Better Performance

Wrong.

Bearings are spoilt when dirt gets in and jams up the balls, they dirty balls will grind up the grit and scratches the balls & races etc etc.

Rubber & fibre sealed bearings let less dirt in, so they run smoother longer.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
the Evo 3SL is SOOOOOO nice...though id rather it in the blue bits

bearings are the most important hop up id say...either kind will do

Nismo

·
Registered
596 Posts
tamiya do actually have a blue conversion kit for the evo 3 so you get blue istead of red ally bits. Its quite expensive but its a nice way of getting spare parts or doing up a tb-02

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yup, just what i was thinking.....or have a mix off blue and red..that would look diferent

Nismo

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
nismospeed said:
yup, just what i was thinking.....or have a mix off blue and red..that would look diferent

No, red + blue just looks crap imho.

Couldn't stand looking at e3SL being sullied with half blue bits, so it didn't last very long looking like that.

All blue looks very nice but... expensive option that does nothing else.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts