Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NOTE: This track is no longer in place due to redevelopment of the basketball centre.</font>

-------------------------------------------

</font>

I thought it would be useful if we started an image catalogue of the places in Melbourne where we can bash our cars.</font>

I've been to have a look at two in Melbourne so
far and took some pics so that you may decide if you think they are
worth the drive to visit... enjoy</font>

Lets start with the Dandenong SERCCC track, this
place has both on-road and off-road tracks side by side. You will
find this track on Stud Road, Dandenong adjacent to the Dandenong
Indoor Sports Complexat Melways Ref 90 G1.</font>

These pics are of the on-road track</font>

</font>

Edited by: Skidd

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here are the pics of the Dendenong off-road track...

As mentioned in another thread you can check out their web site at www.serccc.org where they have some action pics of cars on the tracks but none really showing the layout.

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I also went and had a look at the Know BMX track and was very impressed with it for us off-road users.

You will find the Knox BMX Track of Rushdale Steet (accessed through Knox Park Road), Knoxfield at Melways Ref 73 D7.

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
Sweet pictures, The dandy track looks a bit s#@t at the min cos it was worked on last weekend. That yellow sign in the pic says track closed. It usually looks better than that, but they put more jumps in so it will be heaps better now

cheers

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
oh dude that looks sweet - gotta go there when you're all bashin'

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
husky said:
Sweet pictures, The dandy track looks a bit <A href="mailto
#@t">s#@t</A> at the min cos it was worked on last weekend. That yellow sign in the pic says track closed. It usually looks better than that, but they put more jumps in so it will be heaps better now

cheers

Yeah I did see the sign and wasn't sure if it was because of new or future work.

Like I said I think Knox would be great for the Savage owners, I guess the only down side is there are no real flat areas to get the speed up... but I love the look of that banked curve, that would be a real hoot!

I'll try to get out to Park Orchards and get some pics too... does anyone know of other places I should visit to document for the members.

Morphy, do you have any pics of Geelong bash areas that you can post?

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Yeah its on my list of things to do today. Its good, but nothing on that knox track!

It does have a few flat spots where you can speed up, and I'm going to use it as a complete track if I can - just for fun and race practice. Has a few jumps that will be sweet...Edited by: Morphy

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
Skidd said:
husky said:
Sweet pictures, The dandy track looks a bit <A href="mailto
#@t">s#@t</A> at the min cos it was worked on last weekend. That yellow sign in the pic says track closed. It usually looks better than that, but they put more jumps in so it will be heaps better now

cheers

Like I said I think Knox would be great for the Savage owners, I guess the only down side is there are no real flat areas to get the speed up... but I love the look of that banked curve, that would be a real hoot!

Trust me, the savage hits full speed before the jumps

The best jump is speeding up around the first banked corner and hitting the doubles at full speed!!!! Thats where i bend my TVP's ouch

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
The second pic in the fourth post is the jump i speak of!

The jumps look bigger in real life than on the pics though!

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Ok finally got off my ass. Here is the local Geelong bmx track. Its not used anymore except for ppl like me. They have built another one but its really steep and made of unforgiving clay. This one is good - you can easily get to full speedforsome of the jumps

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
I'll get some more photos for you all. Was going to do it on Sat but as soon as I got my savvy out I got swamped by kids! Sunday was heaps better no one around.

There is three ovals there and the kids cam from watching their brothers play footyto getting in my way in about 0.2sec... Arr well everyone loves it - one kid hoped it'd be worth $100 bux and wanted to buy mine....

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey great pic Morphy, might have to get down your way soon.

Husky, did you have a look at the track behind Bunnings, was it any good?

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
I couldn't find the track behind bunnings. I turned up a side street and saw no track. Cant see it in the melways either.

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
OK so I finally have gotten around to taking some pics of the tracks around here that we have tried....

Firstly, the Eastfield BMX track at Kilsyth

The weather on the day I visited was very wet and so the track actually has good drainage given how much it had rained during the day.

This isn't a bad track but like most BMX tracks there really isn't anywhere that you can get the savage up to full speed.

The track is the Eastfield Eagles BMX track on Colchester Road in Kilsyth. Melways Reference 51 E7.Edited by: Skidd

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The next track I looked at is a small off road track in Knoxfield. It's a purpose built RC track and although a bit small it looks like it would be fun if there was only a few who wanted to bash.

The drivers stand;

But by far the best thing about this track is that it is a dedicated RC track;

Once again on the day I was there the weather was severe so the amount of water on the track area is not really an indication that it would normally be rain affected. The track is sealed with bitumen and so I would imagine it's generally an all weather track.

The track is the Knox RC track located in the car park of the Knox Family Leisure Centre off O'Connor Road, Knoxfield. Melways Reference 73 A6.

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Another track I really think is worth visiting is the Nunawading MX track;

Again the track conditions are not representative of a normal wet day... these pics were taken on an unusually heavy rain day.

The track is not fenced off for pedestrians (only vehicles) and so access would be fine. It's got lots of good run areas and some fine savage sized jumps. This place would definately be worth a look.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts