Australian RC Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I'm from Melbourne and new to RC boats. been really excited to finally stump in to a RC forum like this. I've been looking for someone to go boating with. I've only found two clubs so far. guys at Surrey Hills seem to have all kind of boats. but last time when I had a look at the site, it's too small for fast electric boats. Another one I've found is western district boat club. cherry lake seems like a good site, altho I have not been. but paying 80 dollars for membership ($40 club fee, $40 for some association fee) seems to be a bit too much when my boat will only last 20 minutes per trip. (only got two set of batteries) plus the 40 minutes drive from the north hardly seems worth the effort.
I'm wondering where do you guys go boating. brushless boating just doesn't seem very popular out here. I've contacted park victoria. they are happy for me to run the boat on yarra river providing I don't interfere with other real size boats. Anyway, will be nice to go out boating with someone then going in around in circles by myself. :D

LeoRX

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
hey mate

welcome. this place is pretty good. lots of friendly helpful people.

as for where and when. I am out near gisborne and havent found anywhere to go quickly by myself. i got 2 gas boats also so i am a lil more restricted. but i do have a brushless that needs some water time.

where abouts r u exactly?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm in Thornbury. not far from Preston. I've been going to boating edwards park lake near preston for quick runs. I'm hoping to find a some people with common interest then see if I can get official okay from local council.
i'll head down to fairfield near the boat house to find a place on yarra river this weekend.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts