Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ever since i got my carbon chassis for the mission yesty, i have nothen
but majour glitching when my car is like 1 meter away from me....

what could it be??

i have checked all the wires , and i know the motor wires should be away from the antenna...

but i stuill get glitching,

i even moved the esc to the top deck for now, (RX is huge)

any idea's\?

·
Registered
335 Posts
when mine was glitching it was the remote, dont know why but i replaced the remote and everything worked properly, it could also be the esc, but you know im not the one to ask just ask sir you know who?
Edited by: microfan

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
Carbon graphite conducts electricity, so it acts like one big metal pan picking up all the RF generated by your electronics. Your RX can't filter out the real radio signal from all this RF noise = glitching.

Your best bet is to raise the RX off the graphite, as far away as possible. Use stacked layers of servotape etc. Sometimes I also cut a piece of tincan and sandwich it between the servotape layers. Could also try standing the RX on its side, perpendicular to the chassis.

It is a very common issue with carbon fibre.

That and those sharper-than-razor slivers that appear when you break CF. They're sharper than a ceramic knife, goes into your skin like hot knife into butter. Damned painful.

·
Registered
405 Posts
zoomer said:
..goes into your skin like hot knife into butter. Damned
painful.
Yeeeouch! I'll be staying away from CF then! Computer
cases and paper cuts are enough for the time being!

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
You should try set kevlar spinters then... you can't find em cos they go invisable once they go under the skin......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.