Australian RC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 355 Posts

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
pics page 4

mmmm... tropical punch, seriously this ting sags its a55 way down just sitting there. think what its like when on the move...im surprised it doesn't get a gravel rash

well i decided that cause i was running 3 servos i should run a bec. however after its first proper use the bec broke. a bit of a black cube like thing broke off and i think thats why it is not working. my esc was cool before (with bec) and is now hot (without bec) so i suppose they do reduce temps

·
Premium Member
9,582 Posts
I'll save this spot for a comment on your pics since the last thread got lost!

·
Premium Member
9,582 Posts
They are some good pics mate, nice and clear. Are you going to get rid of the mechanical brakes? That would mean one less servo also. How do you find the battery tray will all the weight at the rear? I hate that about mine.

What size pinion are you running?

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They are some good pics mate, nice and clear. Are you going to get rid of the mechanical brakes? That would mean one less servo also. How do you find the battery tray will all the weight at the rear? I hate that about mine.

What size pinion are you running?
i think i will get rid of the mech brakes once i order the losi single speed hub. i don't really like all the weight at the back as it makes the front ride high and the rear low. Mine doesn't really wheely as i run on grass and fine gravel but the front is light and steering is a bit wofty sometimes.

i went to my paddock and we have a gravel mound that was put in about 10 yrs ago and it goes from being downhill to flat to quickly downhill and then the slope continues and it is great for jumps with the LST XXL.

this has also got me thinking about making my own track again.

i have lots of room and i just need some spare time and some machinery to do it. like hell am i going to do it with a shovel etc

·
Premium Member
9,582 Posts
Is the losi single speed hub available yet? I wont to get it also. I think I am going to take the wing off mine also, dosnt look right.

Mine wheelies massive, fun but gets boring pretty quick.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeh it is available at horizon hobby. you can probs get it cheaper from model flight but can you go through that mess again. also with a price of $20 USd the postage will probs be more expensive

i am thinking of doing a mini lst carbon fibre custom build but i don't think it'll work out well.

BTW how is your mini LST going

·
Premium Member
9,582 Posts
It is sweet already yes! I want to see some vide footage soon! Maybe a rolling back flip!

·
Premium Member
9,582 Posts
It is sweet already yes! I want to see some vide footage soon! Maybe a rolling back flip!
I just took mine out today for the first time in a few weeks. I do love the sheer size of the xxl. It is awesome, after being disappointed with the electric conversion kit at first I am begining to like it. I think Ill put up with the battery location but I dont like how I can change the gearing with the motor mount. I am going to have a look on the net for a different one.

Ill keep the motor mount for somthing else in the future!

·
Premium Member
9,582 Posts
no way, i haven't got any HD outdrives on it yet and i don't plane on needing them anytime soon.

It would be an awesome sight though and onboard shot of a backflip
I am happy to try an on-board back flip video! Just need a way of mounting the camera sercurely to the XXL.

Here is my backflip if you hadnt seen it befor. it broke the diff out drives but it was so worth it!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9qEqlnnLW8

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
This looks sick dude How long did it take to do the convert??

Cheers brad

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
This looks sick dude How long did it take to do the convert??

Cheers brad
Sorry brad i didn't see your post...

...it took me about 2 nights to finish and then about 3 nights to get everything so that it was in ok working order. (one night was spent putting in the two servos, just putting in the servos)

-------------------------

well to day i went out and set up a jump to run my muggy on and LST XXL. Yes that means my muggy is finished but i forgot to tke build pics so ill just put some finished pics in this thread.

anyway i was jumping my LST and on one jump i landed awkwardly and, well i have well and truly screwed the rear diff so much so that the whole drivetrain was locked cause of it so it will be out of action for while i replace the rear diff, however i have the muggy, my e-maxx and now i can get the hyper st working with a new servo in front of me.

I can't believe i have screwed the rear diff, i am seriously annoyed.

B-M

·
Premium Member
9,582 Posts
That is **** mate! It might jut be the dreaded diff out drive. I mean it m ay be a piece of it stuck in the diff causing it to lock up. If so only a 10 min job to fix.

1 - 20 of 355 Posts