Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any Forum members played around with bigger engines for these lil suckers?? seen that RS4 Motor fits in an only requires lil dremel work.. seems that after a lil tonk round the back yard track the mini t died.. figured ok can handle this.. isnt 48 hours old yet.. will take it back see what mr lhs man has to say... tells me to use machine oil in the motor...an slip gear.. ok... one-2 drops on each..done! now it worked that night but now wont go, i got a full recharged 7.2 pack in it an nothin. i got heaps on the steering but nothin on the motor. Now i did take it to another lhs...on springy road... not mentioning names but not happy... an showed the bloke in there.. he connected the battery round the rong way didnt he!! hmm gotta HATE the smell of burnin plastic.. So where do i start..?!? is the motor good?? is the battery rooted?? do i go back an complain!? or should i bite my tounge, learn from experiance an just settle for a new motor an hope it fixes problem?! HELP its 400 down the drain if its stuffed!

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
Its stuffed. Smells like you've blown the ESC part of it.

Could be either overloading it with a larger motor, or connecting the battery round the wrong way - surefire methods of blowing an ESC.

How the heck did the battery connect wrong anyway... don't you have keyed plugs?

G

·
i got a nice small esc for my micro...got it REAL cheap..

tekin pro esc...sooo small compared to last esc i had, aka Futaba 230 or something...huge it was..

nismo

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
Unfortunately Tekin is now defunct; nobody knows how to fix their gear now, not even in the US.

As a company they made pretty good stuff back in the mid 1990s. They had some nice chargers... way back before NiMH appeared on the RC scene.

G

·
yes..ive heard tekin where up there with the top stuff......ahh well i like it..nice and small and fits in the micro well

Nismo

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
Futaba 230CR is only ~ 40x30x10mm... smaller than a matchbox - the pink one?

Maybe you're talking about the previous black one?

G

·
i dunno..it was an old huge chunky black one..stupid it was.....

yeah..my esc is pretty small

like 3cm, by 3.5cm??....small enough anyway..good for micro..

Nismo

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts

The black beast is the MC210CB, a pretty common & popular model which was in production from 1992 to 2000. I think it was a fixed speed reverse (non proportional) and definitely wasn't switchable.

The 230/330 is waaaay more advanced now.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OK...???? It wasnt my fault!!! HONEST to GOD! iok 100% out of the box... it has the lil red female/male connector. Now the battery sold with it.. cant think of the name but is red... an charger is purpble... anyway. I had been using it for maybe half hour or so.. woth the connections around the right way...black wire to black wire red tro red.. it has/had(new plug on now.)a smaller connection.. guy in hobby shop said was best mod battery for car... hmmm
seems dodgy buddy... rong connection!- anywho! lhs.. other lhs.. guy plugged battery in WRONG WAY round.. NOT ME! so the question remains.. do i bite my lip an say ugh to that shop or do i go bak explainin that it seems they fried my esc/electronics? im in a bind.. i dont wanna be told that its fooked, i wanna be told its fiixable! cheaply!

I dont know where i stand in regards to taking it to a different hobby shop. i understand if it was warranty related or something but i just asked them to look at it i explained my situation an got fried... litteraly. I dunno.. mayb i need to start my own shop fly everyone from here to the one spot an pay u all in spare parts for helppin out the lil in-experianced jnrs of the rc culture!?

How good would it b to have a factory with a constant incoming shipment of spare parts, kit/rtr cars/trucks/etc. Guarantee on parts as would be in direct contact with manurfacutrers. Financially speaking maybe as an estimate... $50,000.00 should b a good starting point for this idea?? give or take $5,000.00

any one in for contributions?--Way off topic i no, but an idea!!

At least we MIGHT have the common sense Not to FRY ppls rides ;)

Have a good weeknd all! 1/3 of shipment has arrived! Ohhhh sexy.... glow starter... full 4 1.2 inches worth.. oooo...aaaahhhh....

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
50Gs? Try 250if you're serious.

50 would barely buy you a nice shop fitout with the display cabinets and lighting.

Another 50-100 for a pile of common kits, radios, batteries, motors, chargers, basic accessories.

At least a 100 if you want to stock most of the commonly-sought spare parts for all the kits you sell... more if you want to support 'other' brands also and hopup items.

And another 50 for bodies, tyres, tools.

Next time you're in a decentLHS... do a mental stocktake and relate it to $.

Not a small investment at all.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ouch ok point taken... spoze huh, good remotes arnt cheap an cheap remotes arnt good! same as anything in life. ahh well good pipe dream! lol.
esc has nothin to do with steerin an stuff huh, is electronic speed control.. so in thoery i should have motor run when battery connected huh.. must test.. car seems to go if helped along...?? strange.. give it a puh start an off it goes not to fast but by by!! i dunno... anyone wanna buy a slightly used TEAM LOSI MINI?? just like a birdy once told me going cheep cheep!!

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
busted mini t turned out to b a cooked motor. Thanx The Hobbyman in Dandy "D 30 bucks saw me wit a new speed 300 an wheel stands down the length of the hall way! :D weeee!!

Then BANG~! scored the edge of the cupboard. Brokw the Left side steerin Knuckle. DOH!! No MELBOURNE SHOPS CARRY TEAM LOSI SPARE PARTS!!! MONGRELS! lol.

so car was withdrawn from sale. sorry for getting hopes up.

OH BTW GOT MY SS! :D not run yet but is complete an schmicko-well i seems to thinks so... ;) have fun all.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts