Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Thought I'd share a few pics and some info about my mini desert truck.

I love this thing. Ran it today for 24 minutes using a Turnigy 1600mah 2s lipo pack.

When I bought this truck, received it from china with a bad transmission. The upper drive

shaft in the transmission was bent, causing my spur gear to twirl about stupidly.

I rebuilt the trans with the steel losi gear set, replaced the upper shaft

and added a brushless system.

7800kv ezrun with 25a esc :) Runs great with this combo and stock gearing. Wheelies

at any speed. The 12t motors shaft doesn't come with a flat surface at its end to mount

the pinion so I had to file it a little. Also the power of the brushless pretty much melted

the inside of the stock plastic pinions so went with a titanium one from hot racing

instead. These pinions come with a 1.5mm hex grub screw which at least help keep the

pinion on the shaft. The losi metal pinions come with a smaller grub screw. Not so good.

I set my slipper clutch by screwing in all the way clockwise then backing off a full turn.

Trans and receiver are the fsgt3b and fs gr3c / hkgt2R which work quite well.

I purchased a few aluminium upgrades. A arms, a gear gover, rear motor guard and spur

gear. Think the brand name for those was GPM.

Motor temps today were around 50 degrees C,

they reach around 60 degrees on a hot day and esc 30 to 40 deg C.

Enjoy the pics !
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire
White Product Gas Scientific instrument Audio equipment
Art Rectangle Sculpture Wood Metal

Automotive exterior Auto part Metal Fashion accessory Tool
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Hood
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Hood Vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Car

·
Registered
582 Posts
Those mini losi cars are great fun... I bought a mini t when they first came out to get back into rc. Within a couple of days the hoppups started by the time I finished the only stock part was the body. I had a quark 33amp esc with the first gen castle 7000kv motor running 3 cells using foam wheels was able to hit 120kmh. I would suggest you keep the speed to below 50kmh makes them a lot more drivable and reliable

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They definately are damo1275. It's the awesome scale speed that makes them so addictive. 7000kv on 3s must have been alot of fun in the mini t. The chassis on the mini t is slightly shorter than the mini desert truck if I remember correctly so must have been a wheelie machine :)
Oh and Vital-Blurs, the dining table has become the rc table lol. There's no wifey here to disagree with me fortunately. I'm always dropping tiny screws and little e clips and can actually find them if they fall onto the tiled floor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts