Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The drama is with my 2 turnagy 2s 50c 5.2 batterys, there 5200mah but will only charge to 3200-3600, so now I'll answer the FAQ
1. yes they have been ballanced, they get ballanced every 2nd charge.
2. yes they are both in good order, not swollen and haven't got hot.
3. Plugs are fine and solder was bright and hot and without cold sweats
4. Charger is set to 5500MAH safty cut off.
5. Voltage cut off is set to 3.4v per cell on all my ESC's
6. There not Chinese knock offs, got them from Revmax (LHS here) about 6 months back
7. They have seen about 50 charges each.
8. Both cells on both batterys hold 4.20v on full charge so holding full voltage.

Now that's said, any other ideas? 7-12min run times are getting to me where I used to get near a half hour

cheers

-Corey

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
If you LVC is set at 3.4v / cell then you are leaving approx 20% left in the pack, means you should only expect to add 4100mah or so

Have you ever capacity checked them ?

Easy enough to do if your charger has a discharge mode

What charger do you use ?

Do you keep them at storage voltage when not in use ?

Not sure what you mean by "chinese knockoffs", if they are Turnigy they come from Hong Kong

Cheers

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
By Chinese knock offs I mean the ones that rate at 5000mah but when you open the pack up the cells are only 2100 lol has happened before, I run the IMAX B6AC yes have checked them they were running full capacity, now running very low, yes I keep them at storgae voltage, now opened them up and the series wore between the two cells had to be resoldered, think it's sorted now, cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts