Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok for those who are interested...

I put some LED's on the 40 body.. ahh sorry bout the dodgy pics i only got a fotofone
Im using 6 AA batterys to power the two LED's An hav a switch on bonnet..

underside with wires an gromets

ahh i used a gromet either side an a LED holder.. works good

this is the switch i got on the bo

An with the lights off.....

And on.....

And full picture... savy broke so pillow will do

Whats uz think!?

Thanx to Otis fer the Helpin HandEdited by: foolSp33d

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
NICE!!!..

i like the mounting system

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
Mmmm perhaps a better idea to have the lighting fitted to the body... dunno.

I'm going down the path of mounting the lighting to the chassis and having them shine through the headlight / tail light part of the body. I'll just leave the headlight area on the body free from paint.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ahh..reisitor... hmm, cost like 4cents... think it was an 85 somethin.. ah u have to ask otis fer the technical stuff

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Skidd said:

I'm going down the path of mounting the lighting to the chassis and having them shine through the headlight / tail light part of the body. I'll just leave the headlight area on the body free from paint.

Is that cos u bust too many bodies??? hehehehe

·
Registered
477 Posts
very nice!! i like where the switch is!!! where did u buy the LED's from?? and wires??

thanks ryan

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
Morphy said:
Skidd said:

Is that cos u bust too many bodies??? hehehehe

Nah.. it's so I can have lighting on more than one body without needing to duplicate the wiring on each body.

I'm going to dress one savage up as a 'show' car... or just do different things to it.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I like the way u think skidd

What body as a show body!?? how far with it?? could always put leds underneath along the sills of a show body, like mig done with the focus... (note to self attatch picture link here.)

The cost..like 20buks. but the globes are like 8.20 or somethin from diky. ah led holders like6 buks as well, pack of 10 i think it was. hmm, gromet-yeh well i just happend to have a couple a spare
. an i jus useda thin wire. oh the switch was like 4$ or somethin an the cover was aquired., hmm, an resistor 4c. ahh dependin on wat battery an stuff u r using ne way... i think.. help?!

so hmm, i think thats it...... bout 20-25 buks.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I like it Skidd!

With the amount of bodies u go through i can see its full potential!!

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
foolSp33d said:
I like it Skidd!

With the amount of bodies u go through i can see its full potential!!

Yeah but I'm getting better... the current body has lasted 2 bashes so far.... LOL, that's 100% longer than all the rest.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts