Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sigh.

What's new lately?

Don't see much that's too attractive in RC land today.

Everything's just more of the same... ho hum.

(if nobody's gotten the drift, am looking for stuff to populate my xmas wish list...)

·
Registered
596 Posts
life is a bit dull to say the least as are the forums. where is everybody??

azenis the traitorous swine has jumped ship to rctech
and where's nismospeed. havent seen or heard from him in the while.... must be the work of aliens, commies, terrorists or girlfriend....?

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jiggen5354 said:
...where's nismospeed. havent seen or heard from him in the while.... must be the work of aliens, commies, terrorists or girlfriend....?

yep, nature's big con has suckered yet another victim.

·
Registered
596 Posts
bugger!! atleast with aliens, commies and terrorists you are in with a fighting chance.

nismo, you will be missed

(opens a tinnie, takes a swig in rememberence)

·
Registered
561 Posts
girlfriends are great, they are the all purpose , all weather toy for
which the hop up list is enormus. They are fun and buy gifts but
sometime sget jealous of the other toys but thats easily managable.
They keep you warm at night .... the list is endless

·
Registered
709 Posts
OI NISMO.... WareTF are YOU!???

YOU GIVEN UP ON US??

Whats the deal with the elecy and Nitro bikes?? Anybody HAVE or HAD!???

can soup up!?--i know will come out like plastic but is ok.. i wil becareful....Edited by: foolSp33d

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
Dan said:
girlfriends are great, they are the all purpose , all weather toy for which the hop up list is enormus. They are fun and buy gifts but sometime sget jealous of the other toys but thats easily managable. They keep you warm at night .... the list is endless

Dan... that looks like a well thought out argument, but have you tried putting it into practice?

I suggested some hop-ups to my missus once... you know, certain augmentation I thought would look good along with a chassis upgrade and a decent noise reducing muffler. All I got for my good intentions was a biff in the head!

·
Registered
439 Posts
HAH yes I have been on rctech a lot lately, it is a good site, only check here every few days nowadays, mainly cos this site goes real slow on my PC and on my MAC at work it locks the whole thing up and you cant do anything while a page is loading, and while it is open it makes it real slow. Besides this forum seems to have taken a bit of a Savage/Monster Truck slant and sorry they dont really interest me. Some guy had a savage or something at the track the other weekend, and really I couldnt see the point in it

jiggen5354 said:

and where's nismospeed. havent seen or heard from him in the while.... must be the work of aliens, commies, terrorists or girlfriend....?

·
Registered
439 Posts
Yes Nismo must be getting plenty he is never even on msn messenger anymore!!

jiggen5354 said:

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
azenis said:
HAH yes I have been on rctech a lot lately, it is a good site, only check here every few days nowadays, mainly cos this site goes real slow on my PC and on my MAC at work it locks the whole thing up and you cant do anything while a page is loading, and while it is open it makes it real slow. Besides this forum seems to have taken a bit of a Savage/Monster Truck slant and sorry they dont really interest me. Some guy had a savage or something at the track the other weekend, and really I couldnt see the point in it

Azenis... I agree with you mate, what would the point of a Savage be at a race track?? Then again, what would be the point of your TC at a BMX track??

You could be one of themembers whoencourages other LOCAL people into the TC side of things. The great thing about AUSRC is that it is an Australian forum... we had over 13 members at one place today and would be impossible to arrange on any other forum.

I know that Sir Zoomer has got me seriously thinking about getting into the on-road electric stuff, mainly because of his informative posts and enthusiasm for his type of cars.

LOL... actually Sir Zoomer, if I do get into that stuff... I'm going to need a hand to fit a bull bar onto my WRX.

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Skidd said:
LOL... actually Sir Zoomer, if I do get into that stuff... I'm going to need a hand to fit a bull bar onto my WRX.

How about a bully on a Mini?

Meet 2 faves mine... fyi Mini racing is a CONTACT SPORT... strangely these 2 bodies have lasted a long long long time - wonder why?

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
Are you serious when you say it's a 'contact sport'?

I'm guessing a bit nudge might go unchallenged but surely not full on 'push people out of the way' type of stuff?

I might just have to give Boronia a look as well if they have that sort of fun.

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Skidd said:

I'm guessing a bit nudge might go unchallenged but surely not full on 'push people out of the way' type of stuff?

Yep!!!!

Mini racing is usually a no-holds-barred bash fest.

All the cars are equalised (same motor, same tyres... heck, all the options in the world wouldn't make a Mini any faster around a track) under the racing rules. A good Mini race is like a freight train, everyone running at the same speed nose-to-tail... slipstreaming (yeah right).So the only way to get in front is to nudge & tailgate.

Not quite so fun when there are newbies with cars/skill that don't quite keep up to pace though. Closing speeds increase with higher damage... and some are even silly enough to park stricken cars on-track.
They soon learn an expensive lesson.

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
zoomer said:
Skidd said:

Yep!!!!

All the cars are equalised (same motor, same tyres... heck, all the options in the world wouldn't make a Mini any faster around a track) under the racing rules. A good Mini race is like a freight train, everyone running at the same speed nose-to-tail... slipstreaming (yeah right).So the only way to get in front is to nudge & tailgate.

Not quite so fun when there are newbies with cars/skill that don't quite keep up to pace though. Closing speeds increase with higher damage... and some are even silly enough to park stricken cars on-track.

Now that sounds like fun... Husky, tOiletduck... you guys reading this??

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
They run them here in Geelong. they are so funny. Great to watch as they seem to have a really high COG for an rc, and roll over really easily. Its great when the leaders push each other so fast that they both roll on the same corner...

Hehe great to watch!

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Rollovers?

Amateurs, hah!

Melbourne is where the Mini action and Mini expertise all lie - yep CoG is the clue.

A well setup don't rollover, they sit flat and slammed. Even if they did traction roll they usually have enough momentum right themselves afterwards.

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
LOL... sounds like some contests are in order between the Geelong boys and the Melbourne boys.

I'll bring the BBQ and a tailgate to sit on.

·
Registered
709 Posts
hehehehe, the minis are the goods

I seen a few racin down at the tempy elec. track an boy O boy they rock n roll

Possibly seen u racin round there zoomer?? ahh i had the mini t down there... maybe u were trying some drift tyres!???

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
Skidd said:
zoomer said:
Skidd said:

Yep!!!!

Now that sounds like fun... Husky, tOiletduck... you guys reading this??

Yep just found it then
. LOL. Toilet duck and i are going to boronia on wed night to see what goes on. Ive found a mini that ill try look at in the next couple of days. They sure are cheap compared to the savage
. Ive always wanted a mini

1 - 20 of 31 Posts