Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all.

Just Wondering how long my fuel tubing should be all together(eg in and return)

Is there a length that it should be?

·
Registered
536 Posts
ummm not really if its longer your car will run longer when turned upside downbut i do no that in america with the roar nationals there are limits

·
Registered
5,213 Posts
just remember, the longer it is, the more fuel pressure you will lose..

I have read its best to keep them under 7" long. (thats pretty big)

·
Registered
5,213 Posts
make it a workable length, without making it too long.. (under 7 inches)

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
Longer tube between tank and engine will be harder to prime when cold. Make this as short & straight as possible, best with an inline filter.

Longer tube between pipe and tank will dampen the pulses, which is a good thing. No harm going longer here, you won't "lose" pressure. The tank doens't need huge pressure anyway, just a gentle puff - otherwise your carb settings will be extremely twitchy & sensitive (& very hard to start when cold).

When racing, volume of tank + filter + tube must be under the limit set by the rules. If you have too much volume you will be disqualified. That's why most cars' tanks are smaller than the set limit (eg 75cc, 125cc) to allow for the extra outside.

Some ppl use 2 filters to give extra volume... to give slow marshalls extra time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.