Australian RC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well now that I have sold up all of my cars, trucks and buggies and have taken up flying AGAIN (heli's) I have decided I would get a plank also to add to the collection.

I decided to get the Hobbyking Bixler. It comes ARF, just needed to add my own rx and ESC. I went for the Hobbyking 30A blue series ESC, rated upto 4 cell.

Should be here next week, I placed the order on Sunday night, paid heaps for postage, then to be told it will take up to 5 days to be sent out as it is in the China warehouse were as the rest of my order is coming from the HK wareshoue. Ahh well good things come to those who wait.

For those of you who dont know what the bixler is, here are a couple of vids.

If people have any hints and tips on this plane post it up here. Ben I am looking at you! :)

·
Premium Member
4,136 Posts
You've got the air bug real bad L_D.

I did the same..........sold my land based Baja and am concentrating on the sky.........3 helis and 1 plank later, I still can't fly, but boy, am I having some FUN trying. :thumb:

Cheers,

Steve

·
Premium Member
9,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I do! I cant wait to be able to fly planks as well as I can helis. I am no guru at helis but want to be as confident with planks.

I cant wait until I can put my Gopro HD camera in the cockpit and film som vids!

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
You'll do fine with the Bixler, give it a good shove at 3/4 throttle and off it will fly. Full throttle on launch and it will spiral to the ground. :D

·
Premium Member
4,136 Posts
I have the Multiplex Minimag. Great little plank. Just fitted a cheap Chinese brushless upgrade and oh, so much better!

Cheers,

Steve

·
Premium Member
9,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I placed the order for my Bixler last sunday night and today it has finally been posted! It took 5 days as it was in the china wareshouse, where as the other items I bought (lipos) came from the HK warehouse.

Ah well should maybe have it by Monday or Tuesday!

·
Premium Member
9,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Still nothing showing up with the tracking form HK, it annoying how their tracking numbers dont work all the time, I could check it tomorrow and it will say "onboard with driver" lets hope this is the case.

I am very excited about the bixler, I cant wait to get it air born.

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
Hey matt what postage did you choose, express?
I had an order sent on friday from hobbyking as well although just by normal registered not express, but the tracking still hasn't been updated yet.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I know that AUSPOST's tracking doesn't update until it reaches your local P.O depo/driver.

Well, mine never does until then anyway XD

·
Premium Member
9,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey matt what postage did you choose, express?
I had an order sent on friday from hobbyking as well although just by normal registered not express, but the tracking still hasn't been updated yet.
EMS Express, it took 5 days just to be posted as it was a "JIT" item which means it was a big item of which they keep in the china warehouse. So I am hoping it should be here tomorrow or Thursday. I think EMS express is 4-7 days

·
Registered
145 Posts
Ems express is 3 days once it's left their hands. At the moment they note there are delays shipping because of you plane ;-) lol

I ordered last Monday afternoon (batteries and a Hk310 for the other half) and they shipped on wednesday so I got them Monday.

Must order before Sunday in future :)

Hey LD which city are you in ? A mate of mine is about to order the bixler and my other half donated the Radian to me when it broke into 17 pieces (almost fixed). There's a really good group of peeps near me in Brissy that go out at least one morning a weekend.

Cheers

Russ

·
Premium Member
9,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I am in Adelaide mate. I need to meet up with other plankers as I am a noob at planes, helis now worries.

I did order the Bixler on a Sunday, then the following saturday it was sent. So 3 days would be tomorrow.

FINGERS CROSSED

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
EMS Express, it took 5 days just to be posted as it was a "JIT" item which means it was a big item of which they keep in the china warehouse. So I am hoping it should be here tomorrow or Thursday. I think EMS express is 4-7 days
Same I ordered mine sunday night a week ago, but didn't get shipped till friday, not really sure why as I didn't think it was a particularly big parcel, but it did weigh a bit so it might be bigger than I thought. Hopefully we can all get our stuff soon.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Hey L_D has the blixer turned up yet? One I brought for dad I ordered on Thursday turned up Tuesday. Haven't opens it up yet im waiting for him to get back from he's trip up north.

Iv ordered sum HK chargers aswell & they havnt turned up don't even have a tracking number.

·
Premium Member
9,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Nope just called Aus post and they said it wont be here until next monday or Tuesday! I am hell annoyed as postage was $75!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you get yours from AUS warehouse?

·
Registered
593 Posts
Just checked the tracking bixler came from honkers, & checked me chargers status, they emailed me last Thursday week that it was posted, tracking says it left honkers yesterday! Not happy Jan!

·
Premium Member
9,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well Thursday to Tuesday from Honkers for your bixler is quick as. You never know, Aus post dont always get it right, I am hoping this is the case and that mine turns up tomorrow! Its not only the Bixler I am waiting for but all the lipos I have bought also.

Although I cant wait to get the bixler together and up in the air for the first time. I will get the missus to film the maiden and Ill share it no matter what happens!

1 - 20 of 98 Posts