Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Well I pulled off my clutch bell and it looks like the spring has disintegrated! I presum there should be a hook at each end of the clutch spring, right? Mine just had one hook at one end and just the curly end of the spring at the other end.

Bad

So can people give me some recommendations of where I might get replacement (either just the spring, or Kyosho make an entire assembly of the two shoes and the spring already installed) ?? I'd be grateful for any phone numbers or email addresses to try for a replacement. The thought of waiting 3 weeks from Tower is just too much to bear .....

Help me here people! Umm please ....

Mike

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Mike,

A couple of things:

1. If you use Air Shipping from Tower, you will have it in 7 days - that is - order Wednesday, have it the following Wednesday (Typically).

2. Can you not just bend a new loop in the other end of the spring and join it back up again? I know that this worked on the Terra Crusher Clutch.

Regards,

AUSRC

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good Suggestion,

I tried doing this but the spring seemed *extremely* tight. I've found that MIP make a replacementr two shoe clutch for the MP7.5. It looks better because it is adjustable through having three hole positions, so I think I will try that.

Mike

AUSRC said:
Mike,

2. Can you not just bend a new loop in the other end of the spring and join it back up again? I know that this worked on the Terra Crusher Clutch.

Regards,

AUSRC

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.