Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.. been checking out the above ride.... what do you think... are they any good.. problems withh them ,parts availability, any thing you would recommend instead.. 1/8 scale ready to run except starter box ,fuel and batteries,priced at around $650.

cheers. hsv93

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
HSV,

I did a bit of research on buggies proir to buying a Monster Truck, and I think that the Kyosho is a great buggy. Heaps of hopups, availability of parts both local and OS would be easy, and a goodkit generally.

If you want to get an idea of the hopup levels you can go to - check out the specs on the Kanai II Edition of the Inferno MP 7.5. This is one of the Rolls Royces of buggies (IMHO), and you are starting withh the same basics.

Regards,

AUSRC

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that.. will have a look ,basically chasing a 21 or larger engine .1/8 scale. at 600 to 800 dollars... heaps to choose from and so little knowledge !!!

·
Registered
358 Posts
Hi there!

I've read that the Sports version of that buggy is a bit weak and that you would be far better off paying the extra money for the Kanai editions as they will be stronger and cost you less in the long run.

I think that is kind of important as I've only had to repair a few little things on my buggy, but after a purchase price of $650 I've already spent over $1k on this hobby. It adds up quick and if I had to replace dogbones and things it would be a lot higher!

Cheers, Oggy.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Hey HSV93

I just purchased one of these as my first nitro r/c vehicle.

I think its good value but as Oggy said they are a bit weak in some areas, and the engine isnt really that powerful, but for the price u pay i think its a great deal, and will fit ur budget nicely.

If u need any help with it let me know.

James.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi hsv93

My friend I bash with runs one of these, and personally I think it is quite a good buggy for the money. Being the sports edition, it does NEEDa few hopups, but really, if you set it up right, it should be good to go forat least a year or so before you need to worry about replacing things or hopping up.

Having owned a standard, and now a Kanai2 kit, (and also messing around with my friends sports RTR)I can safely say that you do not NEED a Kanai. I was very happy with my standard kit, still am, and its only for sale because of cashflow problems.

If you can afford it, a regular/standard kit would be better, mainly for the shocks - which are a LOT better, and are the same as on the Kanai1, and the same materials/design as on the K2/K3. The ones on the sports are a bit cheaped out.. and also the standard comes with quad bevels in diffs (as opposed to two), hardened steel spur gear (as opposed to plastic), proper engine mounts.... the list goes on.

That being said, imo the RTR is not bad at all. Just make sure you have your mesh etc set up and you wont kill the plastic spur - you can add the bevels later on, and I believe my friend fixed up the one issue he had with the stock shocks (pistons sliding down shaft) with an easy mod, if anyone has issues post here and i'll find out what he did.

Or if you feel like it (shameless plug here :D) my standard MP7.5 kit is up for sale, check the "for sale" section of this forum. Hasa fewkanai bits, a nice pipe, all you need is engine/radio.

I have a nice Futaba MJ (2PHKA, wheel radio), two stock servos, reciever also that can be had for 100 - and have also sourced a nice Novarossi SBK in good condition for 250. So if 850 isn't pushing your pricetag, I could sort out the kit, engine and higher end AM radio gear for 850. RTR except for a starterbox.... and that engine would fly also :) Hit me back if interested.

But yeah otherwise I think the sports rtr is fine, it's not perfect - but its a good RTR kit and nowhere near as bad as some people say....

-uDi

·
Registered
131 Posts
hey uDI,

what fuel and glow plug combo do you use? and how many turns in for your HSN u got set?

I heard that 3 is about the limit....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts