Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happened to have the cash again to look at a savage and when i went to Tower, I found that they have them in stock!

Anyway here is my order. Please feel free to suggest anything else that would be handy for building/running this beast, or simpily what u think you'd get with you savvy (note i wanted to get the diff upgrades but tower is out of stock at the moment. If anyone else is ordering diffs, please let me know. Thanks)...

Savage SS !
YES YES YES!

Steering setup:

+

+

Other parts:

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Morphy,

Towers images don't link real well, I am not sure why.

If you want to show us the pics, you may have to download them to your local PC then upload them to AUSRC.

Good news on the SS.

FYI - Savage Central has diff gears in stock.

Regards,

AUSRCEdited by: AUSRC

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok I ordered the following:
<UL>
<LI>Savage SS</LI>
<LI>Ofna Steering mod + all servo horn</LI>
<LI>hitec 645 servo</LI>
<LI>motor saver air filter</LI>
<LI>ofna micro fail safe</LI>
<LI>plug wrench and 2 plugs</LI>
<LI>ofna throttle/brake mod</LI>
<LI>fuel filter</LI>
<LI>tmaxx body clips</LI>
<LI>Futaba 3PM-FS Synthesized Tx/Rx Set 27MHz </LI>
<LI>c cell glow stick</LI>[/list]

What else would i likely need, apart form tools, fuel, paint, batts etc...

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Morphy,

That 3PM-FS is a sexy radio. Worth the wait til the end of the month I reckon.

Regards,

AUSRC

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah that what I thought
, and i have an old joystick job that i can use if i'm all built and ready to run before the goods turn up!

Can't wait!

·
Registered
472 Posts
hey morphy i can organise u some bevel pins as early as tuesday, cost u $14 for 4....also im placing an oredr tuesday on savage central, so if you need the extra bevel gears and silicon fluid or anything give me a buzz and i can organise it for ya

jono

·
Registered
36 Posts
hey morphy

can you let us know when it arrives. i'm very curious how long your air postage takes. mine has taken over a month and still not here. i rang customs they gave me the run around and eventually said they have nothing to do with it. they gave me aus post gateway number but they cant check either. tower poofters said to contact them after 45 days after i suggested a refund. guess i'll sit back for another week or so and see.

you'd be pleased to know customs told me there is no tax on remote control cars. but there is a chance there would be GST charged depending on the purchase price

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sure will dude, there willbe pics for everyone when it arrives!

On another note I just receieved an email from Tower saying that my spanking new Futaba Tx has been removed from my wish list, and Tower will no longer be selling it anymore. Wonder what happens to the one I backordered a few days ago - and the postage that I paid?

Anyways might have to rethink the whole transmitter thing. I would like to have a fully rechargable tx/rx, and maybe some other cool features like ABS, but I want to keep it under $400AUD on my doorstep. Suggestions?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hey Morph,

When did you order your Savage from Tower?

I ordered mine over 40 days ago, and still havent received it yet.....

The people at Tower said it should take max 30days, but have told me i have to wait 45days just for them to even enquire about what may of happen.

Anyone else here have bad experience with tower and undelivered products? If it doesnt come how long you think they will take to give money back, coz i rather now buy it locally.

Thanks

·
Registered
761 Posts
If you did standard surface shipping, then that is why its taking so long.

I got my savage in about 20 days, no problems. I've also had no problems with another perhaps 3 orders from towerhobbies they've all come on the 10th day, except my recent order came in about 5.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
$50USD! mine cost $99USD.

I think from memory the surface was about $50USD - check you order emails etc and see what the shipping says.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Morphy said:
$50USD! mine cost $99USD.

I think from memory the surface was about $50USD - check you order emails etc and see what the shipping says.

sorry i rechecked... yeah it was the expensive shipping.. i forgot coz i bought other stuff along with the car....

i didnt want to wait 90days for the ship method.

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
KyoshoKev,

I have ordered dozens of packages from Tower and things have normally taken 7-10 days. My savage took maybe 20 days. Always used airmail. Mates have used surface and 80-90 days is standard - if it ever shows up.

As for processing your refund, they are normally very quick once the designated lead time has elapsed... BUT....

Once you have had an order rebated, it is my belief that they will never ship to you via USPS again. From that point on you need to use a complex FedEx system that they have setup which involves quote fees, etc. Don't know if this is the standard response, but both of my mates that have had parcels go missing, and had refunds issued, can no longer get goods from Tower using USPS, which is a real pain in the butt.

Regards,

AUSRC

·
Registered
36 Posts
thats alright. just use my cousins account andaddress down the road

ausrc, did your mates also get the postage cost's refunded as well?? coz its a $100USD. thats alotta money to loose for nothing, especially when it isnt your own fault!!!!!!

i figured if i get charged GST it works out to be only $50AUD cheaper than pick up from mrc. All this waiting and heartache aint worth the saving

i have made several orders (smaller packages)from tower poofssince i ordered the truckand it never took longer than a few working days to arrive at my door. I've been really happy with them and think their onlineshopping site is one of the best. I'd like to keep ordering things off them in futurebut waiting for this truck f**ks thatup

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.