Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i'm looking for a charger and i saw one for 139.95 at my lhs its a apex alpha is it any good can it charge nicd and nimh

APEX a (ALPHA)

Features:
<UL>
<LI>Advanced fuzzy logic peak detector automatically cuts off circuit with P-Channel MOSFET. Pulsed current charges NICAD or NICKEL METAL HYDRIDE battery to 100% without overcharging.
<LI>8-bit 4MHz CPU with 8k ROM, 1k RAM, 1 channel 16 bit ADC, DSP for LPF and 8 bit PWM current control output.
<LI>Built-in Artificial Intelligence to eliminate false peak caused by dual peak (mode 3 and mode 4 only).
<LI>Charging state and charging time display.
<LI>Reverse polarity protected.
<LI>Recharges 4-8 cells on 220V AC and 4-7 cells on 12V DC car battery. Output current can be changed from 0.5A - 4A on 220V AC and 0.5A - 6.5A on DC car battery. Discharging current is about 1 A (8 ohm resistor). </LI>[/list]

Specifications:
<LI>Input Voltage: 22V AC or 11V-15V DC.
<LI>Nicad Voltage range:4.8V-9.6V for input voltage 210V-230V AC over 13.5V DC, 4.8V-8.4V for input voltage under 13.5V DC.
<LI>Charging current: 0.5-a Amp on 110V AC
<LI>Discharging current: 1Amp. </LI>

·
Registered
358 Posts
mini-t said:
ok i'm looking for a charger and i saw one for 139.95 at my lhs its a apex alpha is it any good can it charge nicd and nimh
RTFM!

I says right there on the info you posted that it charges NiMh batteries!

the description sounds OK to me. I'd be looking for reverse polarity protection personally which it has. It's a bit lite on the number of cells it can charge compared with other chargers, but the number of times I've charged 10 cells is limited. Only exception for me is the 12V battery for my starter box, but I've got a 240V car battery charger that does that job.

Cheers,
Oggy

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.