Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all i thought it would be a good idea to mix'nmatch tyres on my flux.I put big joe tyres(hard) at the back and the stock flux tyres(soft) at the front,I haven't test driven it yet with this setup and was wondering if it was reccommended or any problems could occur on the track.I've included a few pics as well
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Tread
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Nothing wrong with having different compounds/tread pattern on front and rear but keep the overall diameter similar if possible to save the centre diff having a hard time. Do the fluxs have a centre diff? :confused:

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
width doesnt matter but as wobbly mentioned different overall height will make it handle like crap, being a locked transmission the front wheels will try to rotate at different speeds to the rears. Tyres will wear faster and you will put excessive load on the driveline. But then again being a savage flux the front wheels generally arent on the ground anyway.

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
Don't do it man. Even a small difference in diameter will put a lot of load on the front and rear diffs as the front and rear axles turn at different speeds. Maybe nothing will happen for a while but it will impose a lot of stress on the diffs causing them to fail eventually. Also those two tyres will balloon at different rates as you speed up so a small difference can become a big one at speed. If you had a center diff then it wouldn't be as bad but you would be making the center diff work harder making it possibly wear out quicker than it would.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts