more sutied to a go slow truck like an electric crawler, TXT 1,
Juggernaut or Clod.

I know the big joes have a smaller side wall meaning more stability at
higher speeds, some of the guys on the forum use them so they might be
able to shed more light on the subject.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Do NOT get jumbo kongs, they are absolutely rediculous and the handling of the truck will be aweful, also you would need a servo with at least 150+ oz in of torque to turn those tires at a reasonable rate, that is also going to cost about $70 Aus for a servo. Go for the Joes, a 645mg Servo made by Hitec, and any 40 Series Rim you want. If the rim is Pro-Line, and something happens to it im sure they will have no problems replacing it for you.

I recently bent one of my Velocity 6 wheels and i emailed Pro-Line about it and they said that they would replace it for me, 1 wheel and 1 tire, if im lucky ill get spares

See Morphy I told you they'd replace it

·
Registered
158 Posts
nick do u no anything about torq, no.

BTP: Personally get wateva u want, wateva u think is good, wateva u like, the imex tyres are good (not the jombokongs) the others, big joes are good also, imes rubber is a poorer quality than the big joe (as its softer) the imex rims from what ive red and the fact that nicks 40's bent and my cousins imex have been thrashed for 2 yrs (RIP his XFACTOR)

wateva takes ur fancy remembering kongs will be heavy as and need a strong servo digital maybe(im not nieve i no nothing about torq measurements)

lol kongs can float a terra crusher in a pool, thats gotta be a cetain feature u look for when buying a tyre

·
Registered
477 Posts
get the imex tires....well dont get the imex jumbo kongs.. either get the imex jumbo claw dawgs or the jumbo swamp dawgs..i have both..

ryan

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
PeeDee said:
lol kongs can float a terra crusher in a pool, thats gotta be a cetain feature u look for when buying a tyre

ROFLMAO.... Now that's funny!

I'll have to keep that in mind when shopping for my tyre & wheel upgrade... "I want it to walk on water".

·
Registered
371 Posts
Rather than start a new thread, has anyone had any luck with the jumbomaxx chevron tyres and sayville rims. Its either these or the joes.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
yeh PM Davidk_79 he just got his they look sweet!

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
um yeh he is. i wouldnt hav mentiond him if he wasnt that would just be dumb Edited by: AussieRCBasher

·
Registered
439 Posts
Hay Mate

DO NOT GET THE JUMBO KONGS...........

You may remember I bought a set and got rid of them within 8 hrs.

REPEAT DO NOT GET JUMBO KONGS

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
dude hes not talking about jumbo kongs! well i think hes talking about these.

i think hes talking about these! jumbo maxx's

thanks to DavidK_78 for his really stunning truck!

·
Registered
439 Posts
I was Talking about the jumbo kongs.

Sure they look great, makes the truck handle like a bus. puts sooo much stress on the tranny,drive lines etc.

Well thats my 2 cents worth, (ps I tried them on all 3 of my MT's)

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
yeh i know ur talking about kongs but im talking about the next size down from them.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Got Ya

·
Registered
371 Posts
Thanks for the pics, i think i've made up my mind. Just gotta ask mark for some prices

·
Registered
109 Posts
i have the imex jumbo swamp dawgs. got them from mark for 160(complete set, wheels and tyres) and love them, heaps of grip on dirt and tarmac. and really wide so you wont ever traction roll again. they are very well balanced too i.e. no vibrations when i hold the truck off the ground and rev it. my only problem, which is kinda stupid, is that they are alot heavier than most other tyres.

not to mention they look awesome

haydn

1 - 18 of 18 Posts