Australian RC Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently using an Imax B606 AC Pro charger, which I purchased a while ago for $120. Since new, it has been making a loud whirring noise for about 5-10 mins after i begin the charge (using redback 2s 5000mah lipo), which I simply disregarded as unimportant. Recently, however, the LCD has begun to play up also, displaying half of the screen in normal brightness (albeit with a slight flickering) and the other half is nearly blank, and can be seen only at an angle. The charger is an authentic Imax charger(I have used the security check on Imax's website), purchased at a reputable hobby store. Also since new, the charger has displayed random characters and lines across the screen when touched or moved. In this event, the charger was restarted and the lines/characters disappeared. Despite the problem with the screen, the batteries still charge properly and fully and balance charging is still accurate (I have an external LiPo voltage checker). I was wondering what should be done about the charger, and whether I should attempt to have the charger fixed (if the warranty has not expired). I was also wondering if any other people have experienced similar issues, and what their solution was/is.

N.B. The charger has never been subjected to unreasonable force, nor has is been wet or damaged in any way. It has been a reliable (if slightly noisy) charger, and since it was not cheap, I would prefer not to have to purchase a new charger.

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
9,488 Posts
How long ago is "a while ago"

You really should have taken the charger back as soon as you noticed it doing anything strange....disregarding a problem at the onset IMO is a mistake, in today's throw away society manufacturers work on a very high failure rate, meaning the old school theory of making a product that lasts, really no longer exists

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay.
Thanks towie.
I was not terribly worried since the charger performed all balance charges well...
As for the age of the charger, I purchased it around a year ago, so the warranty may be outdated

1 - 3 of 3 Posts