1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
596 Posts
i use a eagle cdc to charge my gp 3300's. at 4 amps it takes roughly 45 minutes. pretty much any charger that can do NiMH will also do nicads as well.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
quote by zoomer

At the midrange there's some good units for under $200 like the Novak Ionic (this one has the NiMH2 program from the MillPro and is even AC/DC - very reliable, no complaints). Think the CS Space Charger and a few others are also in this range... they got less fancy features than the top chargers, but simply do the job fussfree.

$200 doh...

i would prefer a nimh same style like my nicd stadium 167...

ac/dc...automatic...i don't care about any fancy features...i just wantoto charge nimhs.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I've got an Omni charger for sale. Charges NiMh & NiCd, but only runs off 12V power source.

They're very cheap at app$65 new at hobby shops or a little cheaper if you hunt around.

I don't know how they perform compared to CDC and similar chargers, but for my NiMh TX/RX batteries it works perfectly.

Cheers, Oggy

·
Registered
596 Posts
i'm pretty sure that nismo will agree with me when i say the omni charger is stinking pile of sh*te. i have blown up 2 and nismo has just blown his 1 up as well.

eagle make the quick pocket charger 2 which goes for 70 dollar mark and does nicadand nimh. it runs of 12, does 4 -7 cells and has a selectable charge rate 1, 2, 4amps

another option is log on to www.rctech.net there is a australian section right at the bottom with a forsale thread inside which usually has a fair few decent chargers for sale on the cheap. last i saw there was a novak milenium charger (non pro so no pit wizard) for 110.

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
If you don't need fancy features like user-selectable voltage or multiple charge rates & battery count... could just go for something simple like this:

$60 Ansmann ACS 67P+ NiMH/Nicad and its AC/DC too!

http://www.ansmann.de/en/index.htm?tab=description&pid=455&pr2id=&appid=

Its only 3A though so it'll take a while.

All NiMH chargers should be able to do nicads too, don't know of any which don't. (NiMH need a smaller V-peak threshold than nicads.)

G

·
yeap i blew that omni charger, heap of!!!!!!!!

ive heard the arlec ac/dc charger chargers nimh fine???,

Nismo

·
Registered
307 Posts
Damn, I've bid on one of those OMNI chargers on eBay!! It's only $36 at the momment, and I was going to pick it up my self. I DID ask people that had bought them, and they were happy with them.

One guy did however, modify it. He installed a fan into the case to keep things cool.

I am really happy with the ni-cd charger I have it's the DC-only Arlec 146. Never had a problem.Edited by: GSRace

·
Registered
307 Posts
migoreng said:
i get like 15 runtime with my 2400mah...so what should i get with a 3300nimh? $60 on ebay...

...anyone want to buy my stadium delta nicd charger?

Dude, make sure you do the maths. PlanetHobbies did have those GP packs for $50 a couple of weeks ago. But it works out like $80 to get that 1 pack delivered. Add GST = $66, + $9.90 postage + some crappy $5.00 handling/miscellaneous charge. Total = $80.90.

DHype however may do you a deal on a proper SANYO/ TAMiYA 3300mah. They sell them for $75inc when you get a charger. They may do a deal otherwise...

Not saying GP are BAD, most reports are Very Good. Just read the entire PlanetHobbies sell pages.

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
GSRace said:
I am really happy with the ni-cd charger I have it's the DC-only Arlec 146. Never had a problem.

146 (DC 5A) and 167 (AC&DC 3A) both work good for nicads, although 5A is pretty steep current for anything below 1700.

But DO NOT use either one to peak detect NiMH!! Your NiMH pack will get very hot before the charger cutsoff automatically, that is VERY BAD for your cells.

When I had only 1 NiMH charger, I used to use the Arlecsto partially charge the NiMH (NiMH like linear charge, ok!) for about 30mins @5A or 45mins @3Abefore finishing the charge on the NiMH charger. That worksok as long as one doesn't forget..!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts