Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just bought my first every real rc. I had a nitro exceed razor before which was as worst as anything could be. I regret buying that. I just bought a baja 5b, waiting for it to come. Will i regret buying it, spending so much money on it?? Im kinda scared to be honest. What do u guys think??
here are some pics of the buggy

I bought it off ebay. The seller sent me these pics. The pic that is making me worried is this one right here. He sent this to me and it's also on the internet. Is he a fake or what??

·
Registered
51 Posts
Well I don't have 1 personally but Ive read great reviews and watched some youtube vids and thought it looked insane enough for me to go get one next week haha!!
I have 4 road cars now looking at offroaddddd

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh yea, ive had a buggy, the exceed razor. Horrible is all i can say lol
Never had an onroad car but saw videos, they look fast.Might get one next if everything goes well with the baja. Good luck with buying the baja!!!

·
Premium Member
9,488 Posts
Nice pick up, is that the one that was on ebay ending xmas day?

You will have a great time, baja's are great to drive, and as long as you keep up the regular maintainance, they are very reliable.

***Note*** No matter how big the RC Truck/Car is, Trees always win!! Avoid them at all times....

·
Registered
378 Posts
Depending on how hard you bash, $$$$$ & some more $$$$$. Everyone is different on how they drive & maintane them. I clean mine of with compresed air & clean & reoil air filter after every day. Check over well for damage & fix whats needed. Leigh

PS: Clean out the pull start assembly. It will last longer.

If you have been in water/wet area, remove the radio box & check for water.

thanks guys, i guess i didn't make the wrong decision! What do u mean by regular maintenance towie?? What does maintenance include??

·
Registered
562 Posts
gen maintenance how u look after it tyre wear gen things like that clutch wear proply cleaning will make your baja last longer
if u go to the beach u really need to clean all sand out of it sand is not a baja friend it can destroy your clutch make sure u get a kill switch i hope u got a 3 channel radio if not make sure your remote batterys are allways good
all these things are not meant to make u dought your buy its to help u keep that great buggy great i have a 5t not for 1 min have i regrtetted buying dont go getting a heap of upgrades right off replace as u break
killswitch a must thoe cheers bruce

·
Premium Member
9,488 Posts
General Maintainance, or at least what I do...

Clean and re-oil air filter when needed, if the air cleaner looks off color or dirty, it is time to clean

Check over all the bolts, including beadlock screws

Check clutch shoes regularly

Check that all bearings are free from dirt and spinning freely, if they feel notchy, change them out for a fresh one

Charge battery and inspect all electrical connections

Check coil gap & spark Plug, and lead

Check exhaust and intake bolts are tight, and that gaskets dont appear to have begun to leak

Look for oil leaks around engine

Clean all outer wears

Clean and inspect starter mechanism (I have a rotostart) but in most cases it is a Pull Start

Give truck a general clean down and ensure all grass and other debris are removed

The more you know your equipment the less nasty surprises you are going to get. The most important thing to remember....If a part is looking worn, dont wait until it breaks, replace it or repair it.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Towie u got any pics or details about this roto start on a baja?

Never knew they made em.

·
Registered
87 Posts

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
How did you pay for it. PLEASE say paypal.

I would be a bit hesitant about that last pic too. What did he say about this pic. Was it focussed on the motor or motor and car.

The chassis of both those cars are purple in the bottle pic. The one you bought was grey.
Also one you bought had aside mount pipe huh. Last pic has the stock can on that motor.

The other pics seem genuine though. First pic of it you can see the green safeway shopping bag so that points to he is in Australia atleast.

Let us know how it goes. Also where abouts are you located?

Cheers

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
mmm well see how it goes. hope all is well. Not sure why he is including the pic of motor out of car. Where abouts in melb are you?

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
yep i know dandy.

Was hoping for another 1.5 member out my side of town lol. all good maybe catch up at a bash or if the track does get off the ground maybe there.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts