Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heres a few pics of my mini t. It has a novak spy esc, orion baja motor and custom 8.4V battery pack. also oil shocks and a few other bits and pieces. Soon to come alloy wheels and off road tyres(the onroadies dont like the dirt much
)

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
SICK!!! .. lol its tiny!!

·
Registered
166 Posts
lol, ill be getting 1 at the endof the year. but im getting a Brushless, escand stock car for 300 new. then ull be getting alloy parts and MT wheels. ill prolly call it my Mini-Savage lol

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i like the idea of brushless, but after seeing how fast this goes already, you would struggle to find somewhere big enough for a brushless mini t JMO

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
MMmmm in a world of small people and small cars... I guess it looks like fun.

Now if we could get a Genesis to carry one in the back, that would be fun.

Just kidding mate, I must admit it looked like quite a hoot seeing it driving around the car park.Edited by: Skidd

·
Premium Member
6,579 Posts
Husky only had road threads on it when running in the gravel, not even offroad spikes or paddles on it.

·
AUSRC Moderator
6,275 Posts
zoomer said:
Husky only had road threads on it when running in the gravel, not even offroad spikes or paddles on it.
You mean he is going to have to hop-up the mini-t as well?? I wonder what a set of 40 series would look like on a mini-t?? Appropriately scaled of course.

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNABLE="on">
<T>
<TR height="100%" width="100%" UNABLE="on">
<TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNABLE="off"></TD></TR>
<TR UNABLE="on" hb_tag="1">
<TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNABLE="on">
<DIV id=hotbar_promo></DIV></TD></TR></T></TABLE>
<BLOCKQUOTE id=80c81585>
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNABLE="on">
<T>
<TR height="100%" width="100%" UNABLE="on">
<TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNABLE="off">dont think that when i ordered toiletducks vipers(yes he got some coming now) i didn't look around the site for some stylish mini t wheels
</TD></TR>
<TR UNABLE="on" hb_tag="1">
<TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNABLE="on">
<DIV id=hotbar_promo></DIV></TD></TR></T></TABLE></BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Registered
410 Posts
Hey husky

I am very much interested in these mini t's.

Just wondering what they cost in Australia. Are they all hype (read so
many forums it's not funny) or actually a functional down sized 2wd
monster. Any part breakages and durability issues? I am asking
you cause you have experience with it rather then people posting
eg. "its good " "its crap" type of threads which gets annoying.

Seems fun fun fun. Also whats it like FULLY stock.

FULLY sick?

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
toilet duck has a fully stock one and it still weelies. In australia you will pay $230-$250 MRC was getting some in pretty cheap. Mine with a few upgrades flies! Ive hit stuff at near full speed and no breakages. Took it off some deascent bmx jumps on sunday and only broke one of the body pin holes(it was a good 1.5 m jump = to a 27m jump in 1:1
) One jump even landed on the roof. So i would say no durability issues, they are a fully functional 2wd car. Heaps of fun.

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Morphy said:
sweet as, how fast do thoes things go?

Not sure exactly, should have radared it, zoomer brought a radar gun along
. I would expect around 40ks maybe, not sure exactly but its plenty fast enough

·
Registered
166 Posts
yeh my mate with his brushless Mini t has it going ate over 50kmh. yeh hobbies stores over here hav em for like $230

·
Registered
410 Posts
good god......a mini-t that fast? A lowered one wud kill a stock garden variety Tamiya 1/10 scale electric tourer.

Time to see the t's on a race track......it's on.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi all

My BL mini t runs like a raped ape on bitumen, uncontrollable donuts on sandy surfaces and kamekaze like when mucking around in doors. Get this thing on the track and for the first few minutes you'l laugh your ar$e off, but then it'll just get annoying not being able to really drive it round the track. Concentrations the key here lads.You really need a big track with wide corners to see this thing fly

·
Registered
405 Posts
I know I have possibly too many RC cars already, and I've planned a
whole raft of repairs and upgrades to my VTR1000, but that MiniT seems
mighty tempting at that price.

Perhaps I could purchase one 'for my girlfriend' and borrow it occasionally.

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Skidd said:
So come on Sir Husky... tell us what hop ups are on the drawing board.

Well i did have a whole list of upgrades i was gonna do but ive since decided to get an electric mini
so the funding will go into that. Ill have to settle for some offroad tyresand alloy wheels. It doesnt seem like the type of car that breaks so hopefully its cheap!

·
Registered
410 Posts
A 60km/h T is just what I would like to use to red-face some 1/10
tourers here in Sydney. Plus if I feel like it, I will be able to cross
the grass/ gravel path around the corners to put other tourer drivers
off.

What a spectacle. We are breeding a whole new class here......

MnB

Edited by: milknbutter

1 - 20 of 21 Posts