Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was just wondering how many people have done this,it started as ....its my 1st car ill try get something cheap and good .....well here we are with the end result ,,im sure theres a que of people ready too say im stupid for wasting money on a cheap HSP ebay rc my missus has constantly reminded me of that lol but all i wanted was to have a rc car that was fun, hammered on the road and was able to go across footy paddocks ,just be an all around fun over powered car that just mad me smile and made a few people around here with there top name cars pack there bat and ball up and go home,so my point is this underdogs love to challenge critics. .28 powered 1/10 buggy ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
316 Posts
Part of the frustration associated with HSP and other similar brands is that newbs buy them not knowing what they've got themselves into and to a point, other than suggesting another brand of car, there's not much others can do to help.

The risk is the frustration of a wrecked car may turn some newbs off unnecessarily from the fun and sport of RC before they've got enough experience and knowledge to enjoy the wrenching if a problem does arise.

It's all about having fun!

And if you're having a blast then brand names mean nothing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
gday mate ,before i lashed out on the last rebuild i seriously considered that it was most probably a better option not to do it and just buy something like a kyosho around the $400 mark and then just improve a few items on it too end up with a mutch better car for a cheaper price ,but i just had to see the project through and im glad i did as it has been rewarding learning about a nitro rc and now would have no problem doing anything to any car ,and m y next buggie will be a high end 1 built by myself to race on a track , awesome fun

·
Registered
5,389 Posts
Unless your racing, HSP are great bashers for beginners. I have had lots of them and I think bang for bucks they are great cars to muck around with on a budget.

Post a vid of it if you can. I'd love to see it go.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Unless your racing, HSP are great bashers for beginners. I have had lots of them and I think bang for bucks they are great cars to muck around with on a budget.

+1

A cheapy HSP got me back into RC after a 15 year hiatus. I'm sure I've still got it somewhere..

also a +1 on vids :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
final tune

gday mate,i had it out finishing the final tune yesterday, its getting close to done then ill put up a vid ,its pretty quick :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Update please!!! Been wanting to do something similar myself as l also own a HSP, but in this case its the Camper. The .18 engine for it has died and l wanted to go big for a replacement....was thinking HPI Trophy Truggy 4.6 big....would be a blast! But if it goes ugly, l'll have a spare engine for the Trophy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.