Australian RC Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey RC community, I've just bought a hsp tyrannosaurus 1/10 nitro truck off the net and was seeing if anyone here has Done the 2 speed gearbox conversion in one?
Will the 2 speed give me more top speed as well?
Also what other mods are good to do on that truck?
Any advice would be good since I am a RC noob thanks.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Hey mate. I had one of these. A 2 speed gearbox could be done as the buggy with the 2 speed uses the same chassis. You would need to buy the complete gearbox and the 2 speed bell clutch. But there might be a reason they don't come with them. Perhaps they don't handle the extra weight well? I'm sure it's cheap enough to do and easily reversed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply, yeah I've found those 2 parts online, though the 2 speed transmission only comes with plastic gears�� so that sucks. Did you have anything done to your one while you had it?
Just trying to relive my childhood I remember having a tmax with 2 speed and being alot of fun drifting in the dirt then it change gear and drift some more haha ����

·
Registered
281 Posts
I found the plastic gears are fine mostly. The first gear that runs off the clutch bell gear I changed to the metal version. I think the rest stay plastic. I think in standard form that gear is now metal anyway. I changed the front swing arms and the bracket under the diff to the alloy versions as the plastic ones rip off at the pin in a high speed crash. I found the pull starts keep breaking. And I upgraded the steering servo saver bits to alloy as the plastic starts to bend and stress then the steering doesn't respond properly.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have done the conversion to 2 speed. Easily doable however you will have steering trouble as the front gets really light. I have also changed motors in it to a 12 high end motor. Running on 30% nitro.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts